7900 xtx vs 4080 (used)

ontarible?! sorry aboot that! ;) was just down in kingston, most of my fam is back there. ill still keep an eye on kijiji for ya, cheap enough and it might be worth the shipping...
Thanks. Did you mean the FE card? The one in Ont. is probably sold - the ad is gone now. I wasn't sure about it - it was a long drive - near the border - and I wasn't sure on the seller - was deceptive in location - thought it was closer, originally - they typed in the wrong location on purpose for more inquiries. That kind of thing - plus, it was an ebay purchase and couldn't be returned for that reason. I guess that sounds legit?: most ebay sales are 'no returns' right?

It doesn't matter anyway - it's probably gone. The FE is the next 'cheapest' - around $200 more though which really sucks - they want to charge around $50 for shipping. Also, seller claimed to have more than one FE for sale and sold at least 2 so far. I don't have enough $ for that particular gpu but I probably could have bought the Tuf. There's also some complaints over the past year - or whenever the 4080 was released - of coil whine on 4080s - and the Asus cards have a lot of complaints - I guess that was in the back of my mind too - but, maybe it shouldn't have been? The buyer probably got a good deal. Oh well.... :-/ I hate buying used. :-(

If you're happy with what you've got... then of course, the answer is no.

If you miss paying CS:GO and can't play CS2, then perhaps yes.
Yeah, if you can't play a game (suddenly?) that you played before or you want to change resolutions - or have software that doesn't work with that card anymore....then....
3gb seems pretty low nowadays?
Also, it depends how much $$ you have to throw towards a gpu....right? :)

Holy shit, you still haven't bought a GPU yet? I have been following along with your threads and I gotta say just buy something already. You aren't buying a house or a kidney here.
Seriously, just get what is you like that is in your price range and I am sure you will be really happy just to get to gaming again.

Holy shit, you still haven't bought a GPU yet? I have been following along with your threads and I gotta say just buy something already. You aren't buying a house or a kidney here.
Seriously, just get what is you like that is in your price range and I am sure you will be really happy just to get to gaming again.
I predict at least two more threads before it is all said and done.

For some reason the term "attention whore" comes to mind. Just sayin'.

Yep, I just don't have 13,000 posts yet - but, I'm trying.

Like the people in these forums who post long detailed posts about the shipping or order status of their cards. Obsess much?

Back