ZZF has the new Multi-chip 7800 for ONLY $999

i just found allstarshop.com has it for $914
would be $930 after shipping

I wonder if I could get this working in my SN25P shuttle. Hmmm.. Even if it did work, it might be too big of a card to fit.

I think you meant "ONLY" <insert sarcasm here>, right?

:)

BTW, will these work in a non-SLI board with the right drivers?

LIke the earlier 77.24 ( I think... don't remember the exact # )

Has anybody got two of these (i.e. Quad GPUs) working successfully?

I've seen the Toms Hardware article but am looking for any other confirmation that they can work together. Will 90.xx drivers support this, given that Asus seem to be playing down the quad aspect, or will they only cater for the nVidia/Dell GTX version?

Basically, want to know how screwed I'll be if I opt for two of these cards (CPU bottleneck aside)...

I don't think Quad is possible with this card unless maybe you have one of those dual 16x PCIe slot mobos, cause I had to set the PCIe slot at Single Card 16x lanes, for it to operate correctly in my A8N-SLI-Deluxe. I don't even know if current drivers will support that kind of configuration. ANd finally there is no bridge atop the cards to connect them, so all data would be flowing across the PCIe bus, probably over saturating it.

I would be using the A8N32-SLI, which is the same SLIx16 mobo that Tom's Hardware used.

From what I can gather, the lack of an SLI bridge will hamper performance but wouldn't be an outright bar to SLI functionality.

My main worry is the drivers - whether the current drivers support the Quad setup and whether it's something nVidia would cater for in their 90.xx releases...

Did you test the card? Presumably you only had a single one to hand?

Brent_Justice said:
I don't think Quad is possible with this card unless maybe you have one of those dual 16x PCIe slot mobos, cause I had to set the PCIe slot at Single Card 16x lanes, for it to operate correctly in my A8N-SLI-Deluxe. I don't even know if current drivers will support that kind of configuration. ANd finally there is no bridge atop the cards to connect them, so all data would be flowing across the PCIe bus, probably over saturating it.

Tom's Hardware gave it a shot

I don't think it would work, but then there is always Dell's version of Quad so...

Not really any more expensive ($1,700) than going GTX512 in SLI...

Yeah, I saw the Tom's Hardware article but I'm somewhat perturbed that that's the only claim to getting two of the cards working together. You'd have thought at least one other person would have tried it, but I certainly haven't seen any other successful reports...

I was actually looking at doing that. If the BFG 512 7800 GTX's don't show, maybe I'll give it a run for the money :).

Back