ZZF 8800GTS 512mb 340-20=320 AR

Is it just me... or is the new GTS cooler fugly?

Good deal it seems, especially given that they were launched days ago.

i find the cooler to be more practical than before. Essentially, if you have a lot of PCI devices the airflow could get blocked, but apparently by tilting the fan they can manage to squeeze through air in poorly ventilated cases.

So what are people's opinions: is it going to get cheaper than this before the holidays or is this as good as it's going to get? I might jump on this :D.

If I hadn't already paid $360 for an eVGA card I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat... :(

Oh well, at least I can use the stepup program when the new cards are released (hopefully within 90 days).

If I hadn't already paid $360 for an eVGA card I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat... :(

Oh well, at least I can use the stepup program when the new cards are released (hopefully within 90 days).
I actually just bought the eVGA too, in the end I'd rather have a 9-series :cool:.

Anyone have benchmarks giving an idea of how OCing affects performance differences between the GT and GTS?

I have an eVGA GT @ 700Mhz and I wonder how that compares to the GTS @ 650Mhz...
If the GTS is "10% faster in xx benchmark at xx resolution" (at stock speeds) and you crank up the GT by 100Mhz (17%)... well then... hmmm.....

I bet Nvidia could release their new cards within 90 days, but since ATI isn't offering up any competition on the high end other than a 2x 3870 I doubt Nvidia will intro anything new until late spring / early summer. If you can I'd plan to trade your GTS in on dual chip 8800GT board since those are much more likely to be released in time.

I bet Nvidia could release their new cards within 90 days, but since ATI isn't offering up any competition on the high end other than a 2x 3870 I doubt Nvidia will intro anything new until late spring / early summer. If you can I'd plan to trade your GTS in on dual chip 8800GT board since those are much more likely to be released in time.
That's why I don't mind paying the $360, because whatever comes out will be more expensive anyway, so it's still useable cash :D. Of course this all backfires if the new nvidia card tanks, but given their track record for the last 3 generations, I think it'll be good :D.

Back