Zotac 9300 mini ITX differences?

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking into building a small HTPC for the bedroom to replace HTPC2 in my sig since I will be giving that one away.

I have all the parts already except for the motherboard. I know I want a Zotac 9300 motherboard since I already have the Intel CPU to pair up with it. Now that I'm looking I've noticed there are 2 models at Newegg now and according to avsforum there is one coming out soon.

As far as I can tell these are the differences:
GF9300-D-E - 2 Sata Ports
GF9300-G-E - 3 Sata Ports
GF9300-I-E - Overclocked GPU to 9400 speeds

Is that it? Newegg has the D-E and the G-E listed at the same price (the G-E could be more ore less since it's out of stock until tomorrow) and since the I-E is newer and overclocked will probably cost $20ish more. So the question is is there something that makes the G-E stand out over the D-E besides the extra SATA port that I won't need?

Oh, and can someone recommend a picoPSU and power brick to go with this board, a hard drive, 2gb RAM and a e4300 cpu?

Last edited:
Most of the cases that you will find in that format come with small psu's already. These systems aren't very power hungry so it should be sufficient.

I've successfully used this with an E5200 and E7200 in the Zotac board:
http://www.short-circuit.com/product/picoPSU-150-XT.html

Thanks, that's the one I've been looking at.

Most of the cases that you will find in that format come with small psu's already. These systems aren't very power hungry so it should be sufficient.

I know, the case I ordered came with one but it takes up a lot of room and will add a lot of heat in such a small case. I'd rather get the picoPSU to drop a major heat source and get more space for a fanless heatsink.

Actually, I have a similar question about these itx boards. Is the overclocking of the GPU on the 9300-I-E achievable by the users on the 9300-G-E boards? How much performance gain does it yield?

Actually, I have a similar question about these itx boards. Is the overclocking of the GPU on the 9300-I-E achievable by the users on the 9300-G-E boards? How much performance gain does it yield?

Only useful in gaming situations.

Back