zen micro volume crapping out

powerade

Gawd
i dont know where to put this cause its not a apple product or an actual mobile comp so anyway,

my zen micro is at full volume ( 25) and it sounds like 20 dcb when it was obviously louder at full volume when i got it brand new. Full charge etc still the same lowness to it. If its worth anything i messed with the gui options such as smart volume etc but still nothing fixed the problem

o.t. sometimes i only manage 4 hours on a full charge but its usualy 6-7(sometimes more) hours wtf is up with that??

i have no idea maybe it's ur encoding...

what's the benefit of micro over the muvo tx? isn't the flash drive more convenient?
micro u need a cord?

Sounds like you may have a problem with the battery, but first off, have you updated the drivers for the Zen Micro? The current 1.11 drivers work perfectly, but /all/ the previous driver versions released before the 1.11 drivers have had charging and battery life problems. You don't need to get the 2.xx drivers, those primarily are for working with Winmedia player's online music store, they're not necessarily newer than the 1.11, just an alternate set.

And just to cover the obvious possiblities:
I don't think messing with the settings did anything unless there was a glaring mistake and you switched all the EQ settings to the bottom.

The volume drop didn't come after switching to a different set of headphones right? Some headphones are harder to drive than others and will play at a low volume off a portable without an amp.

Back