Zalman CNPS9700 LED does a good job of cooling

masaville

Limp Gawd
I popped a CNPS9700 LED on my E6700 yesterday and my temps went from:

idle - 55-60c to 35-40c
load - 62c to 45-48c

Fan speed running at lowest setting. If you turn it up a hair it will drop idle and load temps a few degrees more.

Not a bad cooler if anyone is thinking of ditching the the portable heater that Intel attaches to their chips. For thermal paste, I used that Artic Cooling MX-1.

i have one too ... but it's seriously too freakin' loud if you don't use the fanmate2 controller.

not to mention it's a pain in the arse to install !

I actually found the 9700 a whole easer to install than the 9500. It could of been my experience with threading that "hold down" bracket throught the heat pipes on my 9500 or I could of gotten it right the first time...and the clip is a lot easer to put on (at least for me) then having to screw it down like the 9500. But working AROUND it, pluging in mobo power or what not around it is a pain or more a series of little cuts on my 2nd knuckle of my thumb.

btw. Opty 185 @ 40 idle, 56 load

that because your opty has a clip on one end. on a c2d setup you have to screw in BOTH sides. It's buther complicated by the fact that my screwdriver isn't long enough for the handle to clear the fins. I wonder if anyone lost any skin installing the 9700 =P

masaville said:
I popped a CNPS9700 LED on my E6700 yesterday and my temps went from:

idle - 55-60c to 35-40c
load - 62c to 45-48c

Fan speed running at lowest setting. If you turn it up a hair it will drop idle and load temps a few degrees more.

Not a bad cooler if anyone is thinking of ditching the the portable heater that Intel attaches to their chips. For thermal paste, I used that Artic Cooling MX-1.

Heh? you OCing or is that stock??
my 9500 is gettin me 30 idle and 55 load ( TAT )
What are your voltages? my vcore is 1.3, clock in sig

buffbiff21 said:
Heh? you OCing or is that stock??
my 9500 is gettin me 30 idle and 55 load ( TAT )
What are your voltages? my vcore is 1.3, clock in sig

Just stock. 1.29/2.6ghz on an e6700. Not sure how it performs if you overclock.

Mine original temps seem a lot hotter than yours. Maybe it's the two 8800 GTXs. They definitely run hot.

Back