• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

z560s = RIP

bonus1000

n00b
Joined
Apr 14, 2002
Messages
33
Well after a 14 months my z560s bit the dust. The left rear channel only produces a crackle. Switching the speakers around shows that the speakers are fine, the problem lies within the amp. I checked the Logitech forums and this seems to be a fairly common problem, with many people experiencing the same thing after a year or so. (Note: Yeah, I did crank them from time to time, but NEVER abused them)

The good news: So I called Logitech and they were great. They issued me an RMA number, and all I have to send back is the control pod and they will ship me a new set of speakers.
The bad news: They stopped making the z560s. They are sending me the z5300s.

I checked the specs, they are not as powerful, but they are 5.1s. Not that I needed (or wanted) 5.1s but oh well. The only thing that I really don't like about them is that they use RCA connectors for the speakers, so I can't use my own cable like the 560s (They used standard speaker cable with the red&black push-in things).

My question is: has anybody had any experience with both sets of these speakers? Am I getting ripped or are they comparable? I'm thinking of just selling them when they come in and investing in some Klipsch goodness. Do they still make a 4.1?

Any decent reviews out there for the 5300s?
 
Back
Top