z390 mobos require 2 cpu pins??

Most of the time it can work fine without the 4 pin, but it may limit your overclocking potential.

Most of the time it can work fine without the 4 pin, but it may limit your overclocking potential.

yep, generally the only time you actually need the 12v 2x2 is if your running some serious cpu ocs.
what psu are you running? cablemods has pretty much every kind of psu cable you can imagine if you find that you need the 2x2.

yep, generally the only time you actually need the 12v 2x2 is if your running some serious cpu ocs.
what psu are you running? cablemods has pretty much every kind of psu cable you can imagine if you find that you need the 2x2.

Corsair SF600 and I am planning on running a 9900K.. wonder if im going to need those cables or not.

My psu does not have the PSU side connectors for more then one EPS cable (it has 3 total and im using 2 for pci power and 1 for mobo power) so i guess ill power it up and see how it goes..

Last edited:
should only need to use the extra 4 pin power connection for extreme overclocking(phase change/LN2 type stuff), most of the AIB's did the same thing with AMD's higher end x470 motherboards as well.

Back