Z-560 rear-left not working

Grahf

Weaksauce
Hello, well so far i've been pretty content with my z-560s', (had em for about a year now). All of a sudden i notice the rear left speaker is not emitting sound, it probably had been this way for at least a day but i didn't notice cause i was using headphones up until this point. The red connector cable had been unplugged somehow so i thought oh, that's all there is to it, but after reconnecting it still nothing. I tried restripping the wire but to no avail. I have already tried the rear left outlet with a different sattellite and still nothing, so it can't be the actual sattellite that is the problem. I'm guessing the subwoofer is not emitting a frequency anymore to the rear left out, is there anyone who has had a similiar problem or can offer some help? Thanks

I feel your pain man. For me it's the front left. To be honest, it sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me. Except I had bought them used and paid too much in duty and taxes on top of that :mad: But any ways. I noticed that my front left wasn't working. went to check the connection, saw it was unplugged went to plug it back in, and dang it, still nothing. So now I have a 3.1 system.

I posted my problem a while back here. I don't think anyone had any solutions except for maybe RMA it back and getting the Z-5300s.

my front left started going out also. :mad: i restripped the wire and it came back partially but its still noticably quieter than the front right. if i turn up the volume on the control pod it seems to even out the sound. ive always had it at a very low setting, maybe 15% or so and never had problems till about a month ago. its working ok now, and i bought new speaker wire but havent installed that yet since everything seems fine for now.
still sux
are the z-5300's pretty good?

hmmm...well I tried using the speaker and wire from the rear left (working) and put it into the front left, but still no joy.

I hear the 5300s are pretty decent, but the subwoofer isn't as powerful I think.

Back