Votes: 4 25.0%
  • NZXT Rogue

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don't care. Just pick whatever!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

HaxEJxuK

Gawd
So, I'm building new PC and got 3 options for case. I originally was going to use CSF-1630 which my wife almost kicked me out of house for getting it so I had so sell it to one of my collegue. Now she will only let me build new PC if it is a) small b) no blings c)quiet. Yeah I know those things don't really mix together. Now I have 3 choices which good and bad are listed below. I would like to stay cheap as possible but don't mind spending more if I have to. I like all 3 cases and most like going to spend $140 for YY-0221, $210-$230 for X-Qpack and $280 for Rogue which all of them includes mobo in that price. I'm also keeping log of build now to post it once I'm done so pick what you like and give me some opinions. :D

FYI, all 3 cases will have great airflow so it won't effect my decision and I can take hit on anything from bad. It just means bad but that ain't gonna stop me if I have to lol.

Thanks

YY-0221
Good: Takes ATX for better OC, more PCI slots, $70 Mobo (IP35-e), better for quiet PC, Already own this case, more room to work with and hide cable, really solid case (thick steel) and meets no bling requirement.

Bad: Wife says it’s too big (Wife never said that when we were together :D), Still have to dremel for good air flow even after I have spent $40 worth of cutting disc already, I don’t have time to mod since my son is due in little after a month, have to cut side panel and mod it to accommodate Ultra 120 eXtreme and cost will be around $70,

X-Qpack: Cheaper than getting NZXT Rogue since I already own this, still cheaper than Rogue even after modding it, Smallest case out of 3, size of the case meets my wife’s request, one of kind qpack that also looks good, good airflow (will most like use 3 120mm+PSU and graphic card exhaust but max 5 120mm fan if needed),

Bad: Have to mod(lots of cutting and measuring etc), thin wall(flimsy but I can make work around for this), cost of mobo(around $135 compared to $70), I don’t have time to mod since my son is due in little after a month and mod cost for case alone will be about $80-$100 which I could possibly get Rogue for $50 more which need almost no mods.

NZXT Rogue: Almost no modding required, not exactly but close to size requirement set by my wife(hmmm almost sound like some adult content lol), better cooling option, meets no bling rule set by wife(front cover to hide LED from fan controller), looks good and thick aluminum panels

Bad: cost of mobo(around $135 compared to $70), will be just another Rogue like someone else’s Rogue(no mod), no experience with this case so I'm not sure how quiet this case so I might still have to mod nad Damn!!! ANOTHER CASE? I already have 7 cases which 2 I’m not using right now.

I like the room and the looks of the YY-0221

check out the second post in this thread

http://www.themodnation-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1699 thats a damn nice rig

I voted rogue since its smaller then the YY-0221 and it doesnt require to much work to look nice out of the box

Ive been looking at both of these cases myself

In a few months I'll end up with one or the other

I have the older qpack here for a back up rig the build quality is poopie

The newer model from what ive read is a lot nicer

Yeah it looks good. If I go with YY-0221, it will be factory look as much as possible. There's vent on top with radgrillz(one from Germany though that costed me $40 just for grill +shipping :( ) so it's going to be 2 120mm front and 1 120mm bottom for intake and 2 120mm top for exhaust. side panel will be modded to have additional 1-2" so it can accommodate TRUE or whatever next gen HS. As far as Qpack goes, I like front panel of old one better which I have. I'll probably paint front panel to very glossy black from blue that I have if I decide to go with it. I got blue one cause I like blue but more I see glossy black front panel of other Qpack, more I like it. :D

have you considered getting a new wife ?

does she allow you to dictate the size / bling / noise output of her sewing machine ?

sorry I couldn't come up with a better example...

NZXT for me. I've got the Qpack and I think it's too flimsy... And the YY-0221 is ugly IMO.

have you considered getting a new wife ?

does she allow you to dictate the size / bling / noise output of her sewing machine ?

sorry I couldn't come up with a better example...

lol Yeah, I wish. Young and beautiful one while I'm at it too lol. But I have so beautiful daughter and soon to be my son in a month or so(still in my wife's tummy. :( damn me and my kid talk) so I think it's kinda too late lol Thanks for options to think about though. lol

I think the rogue is going to be larger than the qpack, and with 5 fans, I m sure its not the quietest option either.

I don t know anything about the YY, but I voted qpack.

I think the rogue is going to be larger than the qpack, and with 5 fans, I m sure its not the quietest option either.

I don t know anything about the YY, but I voted qpack.

The size of the Rogue is about between YY-0221 and Qpack. Also I don't think it will be that quiet either since 4 openings on side meaning lots of noise escaping from those openings and mesh will create tulbulance too. I know it makes more noise if grill is mounted on intake side rather than exhaust side. I think I'll be ending up using tiles and foam again to quiet thing down and maybe block one of 120mm fan on graphics card side but Rogue won't need cutting parts like YY-0221 or Qpack at least. Also, if I decide to go with Qpack I'll be reinforcing case with Flexiglass and possibly aluminum bars so I can kill that damn flimsy feel of Qpack.

dont know why many complain about the Q-Pack being flimsy . I cut out half the metal of mine and it still doesnt fall apart . I mean i dont know what other people do with their computers but mine sits here on my desk most of the time and when it needs to get moved i dont have had any problems at all .
Actually i wouldnt use it to play football with , but as i said : who knows what other people do with their computers :rolleyes:

dont know why many complain about the Q-Pack being flimsy . I cut out half the metal of mine and it still doesnt fall apart . I mean i dont know what other people do with their computers but mine sits here on my desk most of the time and when it needs to get moved i dont have had any problems at all .
Actually i wouldnt use it to play football with , but as i said : who knows what other people do with their computers :rolleyes:

I let it play football with my daughter, drive race car and crash, jump out of high building for entertainment, kick it when I'm stressed out etc.:D

I guess you can say it's pretty sturdy when everything is put together but as soon as you take that 3 screws out and panel off, it can flex so easy. It's very thin too which could dent so easily (mine have no dent yet). You are right that once it finds it's place, it's just going to be sit there but when you add part, mod or sleep with it:), you have to be so gentle with it not to damage it. YY-0221 in other hand, I could probably kick it and won't be able to see even a scratch. lol

I let it play football with my daughter, drive race car and crash, jump out of high building for entertainment, kick it when I'm stressed out etc.:D

I guess you can say it's pretty sturdy when everything is put together but as soon as you take that 3 screws out and panel off, it can flex so easy. It's very thin too which could dent so easily (mine have no dent yet). You are right that once it finds it's place, it's just going to be sit there but when you add part, mod or sleep with it:), you have to be so gentle with it not to damage it. YY-0221 in other hand, I could probably kick it and won't be able to see even a scratch. lol

yeah , i guess when u got small kids the Q-Pack is not really the right case , especially the windowed version gets scratched easy . And a case with too much bling would call little fingers to stick in where they dont belong . So a very sturdy case without bling would be better for your purpose .

If I would build with Qpack, I'll most like get 1/4 inch thick smoke plexiglas on all 3 sides to cut down on light(Ballistx Tracer), for that solid feeling and to quiet things down. My build might be push back alittle as I got in car accident last Friday. Hit front driver side going about 20 mph or so and darn thing came out to be close to $5000. I think my car's retail value now is worth that much and don't know why they decided not to write it off.:confused: I probably have to use some of $$$ from my build to cover deductibles and for rental car :(

Back