Your Vista Score

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Test Bed:

ASUS A8V Deluxe. All onboard devices enabled. RAID/SATA disabled.
Athlon 64 3500+
1GB RAM
GeForce 6800GT

Score - 3.

I was kinda hoping for a bit more to be honest. That's some pretty stout hardware.

-Larry

mine should be like 5-6
but becouse i have it installed on a 20GB hdd it comes up as like 3 lol
becouse it only thinks i have like 10GB free lol thay need to fix that so is based on total free or largest block of free space

so in light of that lets throw out HDD score and take the avg of the rest

5.4 Processor (X2 4400+ @2700mhz)
5.9 RAM (2gb)
3.8 HDD (240gb free)
5,9 Graphics (X1900XT Crossfire Edition) maybe this will go way up when dual GPU support is implemented
5.8 Gaming Graphics (512mb vRAM)
Overall score: 3

Don't go buy a new drive just to get your score up. I originally installed Vista on a 30gb partition, and it scored me a 4.2 for hard drive, and a 4 overall.

I then installed it on its very on 300gb drive (same model drive as the original partition, and not to raise my score, but to actually install most of my software on Vista) and it lowered my HD score down to 3.8, and my overall went down to 3.

Long story short, don't sweat it, the metrics are screwed up at the moment, and are just meant as a guideline for what sort of programs Joe Average the Computer Illiterate can run.

3.2 - AMD AthlonXP 2800+ Barton
3.2 - 1.5gb RAM
3.9 - 58gb free (70gb total) Hard Drive Space
5.9 - GeForce 6600GT
4.7 - 128mb Graphics Memory
3 - Total

Overall 3 metric

A64 3000+ Winnie (S939) at stock
1gb PC3200 DDR
Seagate 'Cuda 160gb 7200rpm
X800 XT video

overall 3
athlon xp-m @ 2.3ghz
1gb ram
30gb partition
256mb geforce 6600

The scoring system seemed to be screwed up? It seems funny to see croak's system scoring the same as others that posted so far. Besides if it isn't then just imagine an X2 4400+ with 2Gb Ram and X1900xt scoring only a 3, I wonder how everyone else's system will be scoring, (in the negative numbers)?

Overall for me: 4
with the system in the sig.....

I think the current measuring system is borked......

Dew said:
See sig for system(Woody).
Overall: 3, WTF?

ill bet good money that your HDD score was like 3.something and every thing else like 5.something

System in sig scores a 4. I've yet to see anyone get above 4 actually. But I haven't looked much.

My laptop with an ATI Mobility 9200 scores a 1 and I just learned to my dismay that it does not support DirectX 9 and therefore, no "glass" in aero. Boo!

3 with system 'Beast' in sig.

I wonder if it'll change when I restore the OC...

3, I will be improving that with a new videocard soon..

Apparently, the score you get is based on your lowest scored components. You can have 5.9 with everything but one, which is a 3, and your overall score is 3.

Athlon 64 300+ at 2.0GHz
1GB Ram
Ati 9800Pro 128
80Gb SATA150 7500 RPM Maxtor

I need a new video card but it did well enough for now. Surprised I got a 3.5 compared to some systems listed so far. Drive had nothing on it when started, brand new actually.

hagbard said:
You can have 5.9 with everything but one, which is a 3, and your overall score is 3.

My lowest score(HDD) was a 4.8 but I still got a 3.

hagbard said:
Apparently, the score you get is based on your lowest scored components. You can have 5.9 with everything but one, which is a 3, and your overall score is 3.

MY lowest score is 4.3 (hard drive) and everything else is 4.5 or better, and I only get 4.....something is amiss.....

Croak said:
It also rounds down.

Yep!

Matter of fact, it not only rounds down when you normally would, it does all the time. So a 4.9 will get rounded to a 4 for the final score.

It's official. The judges are whacked :)

Must of based the code on Simon Cowell's personality.

-Larry

Dew said:
My lowest score(HDD) was a 4.8 but I still got a 3.

looks liek mostly amd people posting wonder how it would score similar intel/amd processors

I got a 3 as well.
Weird thing is my sli 6600gt's HAD a 4.9 rating and gaming memory was a 3.6 till I refreshed my performance rating. Now the scores are reversed...still get a 3 though.
I wonder what a 10 system is? Quad core 4ghz, 4gb ram, 1tb hard drive, and 4 gf8200 sli'd 2gb vid ram?

hagbard said:
lolo

That's not exactly an overall score then, is it?

cu2cool said:
My overall is a 3 too. But what is it out of? 10?

No, it's an open-ended score...twenty years from now the computer grafted into your spinal cord could score 187. ;)

Latitude D600
1.7 Ghz Pentium-m
2 gig ram
40gig HD
ATI radeon 9000

overal rating 1.0 wOOt!!

WtBadAss said:
Latitude D600
1.7 Ghz Pentium-m
2 gig ram
40gig HD
ATI radeon 9000

overal rating 1.0 wOOt!!

Surprised it even let you install. Its gotta be slow as hell.

CPU: 3.7 (3200+) 5.4 (FX60)
RAM: 5.8
HDD: 3.6
GPU: 5.9
gaming graphics: 5.7
overall: 3

Specs in sig except HDD, install is on an old 40GB Maxtor pata drive

edit: updated as I upgraded the CPU

Ok here come's the n00b question but, what is all this scoring about? I heard it once else where too.

(Try not to drill me to much for asking this lol :rolleyes: )

-Proxy

SpoogeMonkey said:
Surprised it even let you install. Its gotta be slow as hell.

I installed on a 1.3ghz athlon 512ram and a 6800le

Runs ok its a usable 2nd pc for word processing and net browsing.

My wife's score? A big fat 1. The RAM brings her down. She only has 512MB total, and thats shared with her video card.

Back