Your favorite Firefox extensions?

Direwolf20

2[H]4U
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I figure Firefox can go in here :).

What are some of your favorite themes for Firefox? If possible, give a link ;).

I just got this thing, and its definately cool. I'd like to supercharge it :cool:

Add weather display to your browser

Firefox is not an OS! :p

Anyway, my list:
AdBlock -- see above
CookieCuller -- block / allow / delete / view cookies on an individual or domain basis
Optimoz Mouse Gestures -- I prefer it to All-In-One, but take your pick
Firesomething -- Given that I've used FF under all its names, I like running "Mozilla Thunderpigeon"
Web Developer / IE View / DOM Inspector -- Essential for web design work
Disable Targets for Downloads -- prevents download links from opening new (blank) tabs
BugMeNot -- quick access to a database of login/passwords for free registration sites (like, say, the New York Times) that don't really need your zip code or email address

//edit: I'm not linking because they're all available on the Texturizer listing. Just type-to-find!

Can you guys please include what version of Firefox you have with these extensions. Some don't work with 1.0PR :(

Adblock!!! - The best extension ever.
IE View - Some pages just weren't written with standards in mind.
Compact Menu - I don't like having the menu bar take up more space than needed. So I cram everything on to one bar.
Sort Bookmarks - To sort bookmarks alphabetically

carloswill said:
Can you guys please include what version of Firefox you have with these extensions. Some don't work with 1.0PR :(
All mine listed are 0.10 (1 PR) compatible.

StumbleUpon

It doesn't work with 1.0 but it's really the best plugin ever created by man.

No, REALLY! :D

I like the sort bookmarks because it is just so cluttered and a pain to arrange. Does not work with 1.0 PR ;)

Talonz said:
StumbleUpon

It doesn't work with 1.0 but it's really the best plugin ever created by man.

No, REALLY! :D

Actually it does. There is an update version that is 1.0 compatible. The only old extension that I miss that has no been update was the bookmark extension that allowed you A-Z sort all your bookmarks at once.

Allow Right Click - defeats sites that attempt to keep you from downloading photos.

Autofill - because I am lazy git

Linkification - converts text into HTML links automatically

Tabbrowser Preferences - about the only way to properly control Firefox's tabbed browsing as the Single Window extension does not actually work.

Dictionarysearch - makes for checking spelling and meanings a click away.

Download Status Bar - monitor downloads in an auto hide status bar.

Enabled Extensions: (25)

Adblock 0.5.2.039 - Filters ads from web-pages
Add Bookmark Here 0.5 - A convenient way to add bookmarks.
BugMeNot 0.6 - Bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com.
Copy Plain Text 0.2 - Copies text without formatting
DictionarySearch 0.6.3 - Looks up selected word in an online dictionary
Download Manager Tweak 0.5.2 - A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.
DownloadWith 0.0.7+ - DownloadWith is Mozilla/Firefox extension to download files with external programs like wget, prozilla, Downloader for X, Download Accelerator Plus and GetRight.
Enhanced History Manager 0.4.1 - Flexible History Management
Flat Bookmark Editing 0.6 - Edit bookmarks in the bookmark manager, without opening the properties window.
Gmail Notifier 0.3.9 - A notifier for Gmail accounts
Image Zoom 0.1.7 - Adds zoom functionality for images
Launchy 3.3.0 - Open links and mailto's with external applications like Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Outlook etc
ListZilla 0.5 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
OpenBook 1.1.0 - Allows for customization of the Add Bookmark dialog
Paste and Go 0.4.1 - Lets you paste an URL from the clipboard and directly load it.
Sort Bookmarks 0.5.1 - This extension sorts your bookmarks alphabetically.
SpellBound 0.6.0 - Composer Spell Checker ported to Firefox
SpiderZilla 1.06 - Spiderzilla is an easy-to-use website mirror utility , based on Httrack from www.httrack.com . It allows you to download a World Wide website from the Internet to a local directory,building recursively all structures, getting html, images, and other files from the server to your computer. Links are rebuiltrelatively so that you can freely browse to the local site (works with any browser). You can mirror several sites together so that you can jump from one to another. You can, also, update an existing mirror site, or resume an interrupted download.
Super DragAndGo 0.2.4 - Drag a link or anything like a uri (e.g. "abc.com" ), and throw it to anywhere blank on the webpage to open the it in a new tab.
Tabbrowser Extensions 1.11.2004092801 - Improves tabbed browsing.
TextZoom 1.6.0 - Override the default text-zoom level.
Toolbar Enhancements 0.16 - Adds various toolbar buttons and increases toolbar configurability
WeatherFox 0.5 - Get the weather in any toolbar or statusbar!
WindowsUpdate 0.7 - Adds Windows Update to the Firefox Tools menu.
Zoomy 1.1 - Toolbar buttons to change text size

Installed Themes: (1)

Nautipolis for Firefox 0.10 - Nautipolis for Firefox 1.0, based on icons from art.gnome.org. Includes support for help, inspector, downloadstatusbar, downloadmgr, calendar, quicknote, offline and toolbarext. Tested with googlebar. Also includes 'cutemenu' icons

Adblock
Add Bookmark Here
BugMeNot
ChromEdit
ReloadEvery
Sort Bookmarks
SuperScroll
User Agent Switcher

digitalman,

You got OpenBook to work with FFPR?

I use Tabbrowser Preferences 0.6.14
cardgames
cookie culler (to protect cookies)

I also downloaded a utility to search the bookmarks for duplicates.
I wish Basics would be updated.

wallijonn said:
digitalman,

You got OpenBook to work with FFPR?

I use Tabbrowser Preferences 0.6.14
cardgames
cookie culler (to protect cookies)

I also downloaded a utility to search the bookmarks for duplicates.
I wish Basics would be updated.
Unfortunately not. :(

What utility did you dl to search for dups of your bookmarks? I tried the Bookmarks links checker extension but I was unable to get it to work.

Back