They put it up against a 320mb OCed card which can be found for under $300, in which it couldn't even beat in half of the tests (all at low resolutions), and then gave it a GOLD award... WTF!
$400+ vs $250ish for close performance and they recommend it...
This is why I trust [H] reviews, they aren't biased.
Help what? I'm not biased. If the 2900 kicked the crap out of the 8800gts then that would be good for competition and would mean lower prices for everyone.
But how can a reviewer give such a good conclusion to a card that can not perform at its price point? If there were no names on the cards, would you HONESTLY buy one that cost $100-$150 more if they provided the same performance? I know I wouldn't, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone either. Why waste the money?
I'm just sick of all the crappy reviews on the web nowadays. Its hard to get a valid review when people recommend EVERYTHING they try out, because they are fearful they won't get to review the next product by that company.
Like I said, its why I like [H]ardocp. They don't care about that and sadly even had to shutdown a portion of the site because of it.