Yes, another 64bit question :p

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
If I install Vista 64bit RC1 would it utilize the processor better or would I see no improvement, because the game is written for 32bit Windows?

Vista x64 RC1 => Improved Game play?

64bit OS that would show me improvments for Windows based PC games?

^^main points, I know ppl don't like to read and loose intresst quickly. Just non of the Vista topics had really touched on what I wanted to know.

Hi, I've really been playing catch-up in the last year to new PC technology (last year, first time in 5 years that I build a new system). I build it with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, nice improvement over my old Athlon XP 1300+, less/if even noticeable hang-up, plus vast improvment in multi tasking.

How do I put this best, my main reason I havn't gone Mac in the past year us because I like to game (BFDC, BF2 and COD2). Now I'm looking at it from a lamemens point of view here, where I have a 64bit chip (admittedly on the lower end now), running at 32bits with 32bit apps. 64bit means the chip processes twice as many lines of code as 32bit. If I install a Vista 64bit would it utilize the processor better or would I see no improvement, because the game is written for 32bit Windows? The question was posed to me so I'm passing it on to you. I always here ppl complaining about driver support for 64bit Windows, yet why make such a fuss over 64bit CPUs?

Back