Yea, USB 3.0 Native to Intel/AMD on the way.

Whats it matter what comes out in 2012 since the world is going to end.

There will be no more world to even matter anymore LOL!!

Anyways it took close to 4 - 5 years for USB2 to become chipset supported.

Looks like AMD is getting in on the action soon too. I just want usb 3 as soon and as cheeply as possible for a Battlefield 3 build when it comes out.

To be honest, this isn't a big deal. Most people use it for peripheral devices, so this won't be a huge deal.

I looked for the fastest USB 3.0 flash drives I could find for OS installs and such and found this company www.cj-technology.com, got the 32GB stick and its very very fast. Allows me to install Win 7 and Server 2008 R2 in a snap I love it. On my ASUS P8P67 EVO I am think about trying my swap file (Its turned off now) on it and my temp and internet folders on it too.

The last Flash Drive I bought was many years ago an ADATA one that was fastest on the block back then USB 2.0. These memory sticks last forever I only got a new one due to the new faster speeds and capacities hope it lasts me as long.

Last edited:
I looked for the fastest USB 3.0 flash drives I could find for OS installs and such and found this company www.cj-technology.com, got the 32GB stick and its very very fast. Allows me to install Win 7 and Server 2008 R2 in a snap I love it. On my ASUS P8P67 EVO I am think about trying my swap file (Its turned off now) on it and my temp and internet folders on it too.

The last Flash Drive I bought was many years ago an ADATA one that was fastest on the block back then USB 2.0. These memory sticks last forever I only got a new one due to the new faster speeds and capacities hope it lasts me as long.

I was thinking about getting a 32GB one. Good find. There aren't many of them.

To be honest, this isn't a big deal. Most people use it for peripheral devices, so this won't be a huge deal.

No. I don't think so either. But it's nice not to have to load the NEC driver when building. Although, with these two behind it, we'll see faster adoption to a faster standard. So all the way around it will be a good thing.

I had posted this cause I thought I had remembered reading an article that said something to the effect that Intel was going to pass 3.0 on Ivy. Lots of conflicting information out there. Or, it's just conflicting in my head. I can't tell. :p

just a small question, but how exactly does that work out? If i have multiple OS's on a flash drive, lets say osx, ubuntu and windows7, and i set my boot to the flash drive; which OS would it boot to?

Back