Yate Loon @ xoxide

Ang

Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
597
http://www.xoxide.com/yate-loon-highspeed-120.html

Are these the real deal? Or are they knock offs?

I am looking to make a case with a "shin-ra" theme from Final Fantasy, but don't know what 120mm fan to get.

Thinking of a good all black one, or some red LED ones.

But those Yate Loons are only 3.99!

Where else can I find a good deal on some decent CFM fans?
 
AFAIK Petra is the only one currently selling confirmed Yates. One of the few ways to tell them apart is the trailing edge of the blades is curved (note that curved Yates can still come with inferior motors from various vendors). The picture at Xoxide shows the classic "straight edge" blade which would indicate to me that they are the same as everyone else has been selling.
 
AFAIK Petra is the only one currently selling confirmed Yates. One of the few ways to tell them apart is the trailing edge of the blades is curved (note that curved Yates can still come with inferior motors from various vendors). The picture at Xoxide shows the classic "straight edge" blade which would indicate to me that they are the same as everyone else has been selling.

Yup, yup, yup, I just went to Petra's and their "guaranteed" Yate Loons are like a buck more than the questionable Yate Loons from Xoxide.

Now I can understand a dollar may be important to some people, but I take the tack my "ease of mind" is worth way more than a dollar. So OP just frig all the chances of getting a bogus Yate Loon and purchase them "guaranteed" from Petra's (one great online store IMO)

Smoke em' [H]ardApe !

 
The high speed ones on Petra's are OOS.

Are the ones on Jab-tech.com reliable source to pick up Yate Loons?

Yeah it's not like the dollar was a problem, it's that Petra is OOS of the highspeed yate loons.
 
The high speed ones on Petra's are OOS.

Are the ones on Jab-tech.com reliable source to pick up Yate Loons?

Yeah it's not like the dollar was a problem, it's that Petra is OOS of the highspeed yate loons.

What do you need the high speeds for anyway? They're kinda loud. Most stick to the mid or low speeds, even on a fan controller.
 
What do you need the high speeds for anyway? They're kinda loud. Most stick to the mid or low speeds, even on a fan controller.


I buy the high speed ones because:

1. They are the same price as low and medium.
2. I use a Sunbeam controller so I can go from silent to jet engine.
3. I can see how much headroom my overclocks have left and if it's being limited by cooling on my air setups.
4. There's a few more reasons but I think that'll suffice.
 
I've seen zero difference in headroom between low speed Yates and mid speed thick Panaflos (not sure of the exact model of the top of my head).

We're talking night and day difference in the type of fan here. The Yates are barely audible at 12v, the Panaflos sound like tiny hurricanes. The Panaflos move /volumes/ more air with far, far higher static pressure.

Same OCs. A few degrees C difference (less than 7).
 
I bought one from xoxide, and use it with my processor. If you want, I can take a look and confirm what I recieved. would a picture or any info help?
 
Yeah I want to use mine on the sunbeam fan controller.. to be able to control from low-high speed, so I kind of wanted the high speed ones. But you should post pics of yours anyway so we can tell if it's legit or not :)
 
The high speed ones on Petra's are OOS.

Are the ones on Jab-tech.com reliable source to pick up Yate Loons?

Yeah it's not like the dollar was a problem, it's that Petra is OOS of the highspeed yate loons.

I ordered some Yate Loons from Jab-Tech and they seem fine to me. Not sure how to tell if they are fake or not, but they push a good amount of air and aren't too loud. I'll guess I'll find out if mine are fake if they blow out in a year?
 
I bought Yate-Loon fans from Performance-PCs......6.99 and fully sleeved.:D

Frankly, I don't care if they're LornaDoones at that price, as long as they are quiet and push air.
 
Back
Top