Yakuza: Like a Dragon

I am glad this series is doing good and has gotten popular. The PC ports are a plus also.

Good. As long as Sega keeps bringing things over to PC, I'll keep buying. Hopefully not only makingnew items parity launches, but also "gently suggests, perhaps via vehement backhand" that subsidiary studios like ATLUS bring their games - the good versions goddamn it - to Steam. I've been going out of my way to purchase Sega (and other Japanese publishers for that matter) titles on Steam, and overall have a great time with many of them (big fan of the Valkyria Chronicles series for instance. I'd love to see a modern HD remaster of Valkyria Chronicles 2 + 3 Extra Edition .

lol "just like in dragons quest" looks good, i better get caught up.

best game to start with if new too the series?

Wondering this myself. Yakuza 0 is on Gamepass so was going to start with that one. I am just not sure I am sold on the combat. It looks a lot like a beat'em up which I never really liked. Yet everyone raves about these games.

best game to start with if new too the series?

Playing on PC? I'd definitely suggest "Yakuza 0" - its literally a prequel to the rest of the series and is set in the boom-time 80s of Japan. If you want to see more of the story after that, check out "Yakuza Kiwami" which is a remake of the very first Yakuza game from the PS2 era, with not just graphical updates but overhauls of mechanics, story expansion, and other elements. Likewise "Yakuza Kiwami 2" does the same thing for Yakuza 2, in being a major overhaul. Later this year, the Yakuza Remastered Collection will come to PC which includes updated versions of the PS3 titles Yakuza 3, 4, and 5. We assume Yakuza 6 will come soon after,which is a native PS4 era title and will get a PC port. "Like a Dragon" is (technically 8th, I suppose) title and different in many ways.

So yeah, start with the ones on PC all ready, notably Yakuza 0 and then the Kiwamis

Surprised this thread hasn't seen more activity! I've just started playing it and it's utterly ridiculous.. and fun :)

Sega issued a takedown notice to SteamDB believing that the website was pirating the game, even though the Install button is a Steam link.

https://steamdb.info/app/1235140/

https://twitter.com/thexpaw/status/1376525699884978179

1617032414107.png

Back