XP64 observations...

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, I can say I am impressed with the smoothness of the overall OS. I am primarily a gamer and thus far, all of my games are running flawlessly. FarCry, Doom3, Q3A, Q1, MS FlightSim 2004, all work without a hitch. I have not benched yet, but it "feels" smoother than under XP32. I am using ATI's latest drivers 5.4 and the only trick was I had to install the control panel seperately or else it would not take when running the main install package.

I am having issues with ICQ (all versions) and FireFox...ICQ can't connect, it cannot "see" the internet connection...and Firefox, same thing, acts like the net connection is non-existent. IE-32 also has the same issue, although IE-64 is so far, flawless.

Still no drivers I can find for my Leadtek tv tuner/capture card...but as far as mobo and vid card drivers, I am very happy. Lydia at Soltek got me the beta C-Media sound drivers, thanks Lydia! They work great.

Any ideas on the ICQ issue?

I'm using Firefox on my Laptop right now (windows 64) and it works perfectly.

To fix these - check your firewall settings and allow exceptions and point the main executables of those files as an excpetion to your firewall (assuming you use the built in windows one)

Update us if that works or not.

/hopes that a 64 bit version of firefox will come out soon!

Back