XP Wireless Networking GPO?

hutchingsp

Limp Gawd
Do any of you push out XP Wireless Network settings via Group Policy?

I'd like to do so, however, the GPO doesn't appear to allow you to specify that the connections you add shouldn't automatically connect.

I'm scratching my head trying to work out if I've missed something as it seems plain dumb that the moment you use a GPO to setup your wireless connection properties, that connection automatically connects even if you're sat at your desk using a cabled connection.

Thanks.

that is the entire point of wireless.. connect if in range.
Why would you not want it to connect if the wireless is available?

XP doesn't have anything built into it (natively) that says "hey, im connected to ethernet so I'll just not connect to the wireless network"

that is the entire point of wireless.. connect if in range.
Why would you not want it to connect if the wireless is available?

XP doesn't have anything built into it (natively) that says "hey, im connected to ethernet so I'll just not connect to the wireless network"

Because if you're connected to wired ethernet, wireless is pointless. Not to mention that having 2 connections to the same LAN does all manner of fun stuff with DNS registration.

In the Windows Vista a Windows 7 GPO you can specify preferences but not have it auto-connect. I figured if the option existed for Windows XP it would be there, but you never know...

Back