XP SP2 RC2 wireless network solution

yroc

Limp Gawd
I downloaded SP2 RC2 last night and I had a hard time getting it to use the internet, even though it showed I was connected at 54mbs with a 5 bar signal strength. When I used a browser it would not locate the server or what ever. After fiddiling around a little I found that I had to have the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" box checked. This is found in control panel >> network connections >>right click wireless network connection and go to properties >> wireless network tab >> top of the tabbed page its a little check box make sure you select that.

This was just one solution that I found, I was trying to use the other software that came with the card, but I am guessing that it is not supported with the revised Wireless software / protocols that SP2 RC2 is using ( if you notice the app for configuring networks is different and I am sure they revised how the signal is used when the computer gets it. I believe that the OS doesn't know to give it to the software or something like that.

Anyways I hope this helps someone the pain of going back and forth looking for a solution to the Update

I have had wireless issues myself with RC2. I don't remember the link but, but I remember finding a bunch of info where many others had trouble too.

Back