XP Mode RTM is on Technet

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
FYI, XP Mode has been released to Technet. The RC is still on the Virtual PC website and the full version will launch Oct. 22nd to the public at large.

Virtual PC RTM is there also. Pre-release (RC) versions of both need to be uninstalled before installing Virtual PC and XP Mode RTM, and they require Windows 7 RTM.

I removed the RC of XP Mode but I'm not seeing anyway to remove Virtual PC.

Control Panel -> Programs and Features

Uninstall XP mode from there.

Then click on 'View Installed Updates' in the left panel. You'll find the uninstall for Windows Virtual PC in there.

:D

Ok, didn't think to look in the Installed Updates section... not sure why I would. Ahh Microsoft...

Thanks for the heads-up! I thought it would be out on the 22nd, but hey, even better.

Ok, didn't think to look in the Installed Updates section... not sure why I would. Ahh Microsoft...

VPC is actually billed as a Windows Feature, so the install of it is an update to the feature.

You actually can enable and disable it through the Add/Remove Windows Features area.

I think it eases the deployment for corporate use in some ways, not 100% sure, but I think that was the reasoning behind it.

Control Panel -> Programs and Features

Uninstall XP mode from there.

Then click on 'View Installed Updates' in the left panel. You'll find the uninstall for Windows Virtual PC in there.

:D

thanks

Back