XP Installation Problem, Need Help ASAP

N H O

2[H]4U
my computer was working juss fine until i turned it off on saturday and wen i got bak and turned it on monday, i could not access the internet, i was connected but i could not log onto AIM nor could i use the internet, even after all my firewalls were turned off....after a bein fustrated i thot wat the hell, i might as well reformat since i havent done so in a while so i backed up my files and did a quick format and during installation i get a message sayin that i need to insert the XP disc (which i already had in) and i clicked 'okay' and another message pops up saying that i need the ASMS file :confused: after canceling i get a fatal error and juss problems......i tried formating multiple times including the regular format and repairing juss froze the computer, i am positive that it cannot be a bad cd (ive used the cd countless times for a long, LONG while) any ideas? please someone help me out

here are some images of the messages

thanks for ur time, i appreciate any help

1) Make sure your IDE cables are connected properly.
2) Make sure the CD isn't scratched.
3) Run Memtest
4) Reset CMOS of motherboard
5) Replace CD drive
6) It's spelled "just" :)

djnes said:
1) Make sure your IDE cables are connected properly.
2) Make sure the CD isn't scratched.
3) Run Memtest
4) Reset CMOS of motherboard
5) Replace CD drive
6) It's spelled "just" :)
thanks for replying, i appreciate it, and umm i tried everything and it still didnt work and after formating at least ten times, it JUST worked :p weird...but yea thanks for ur time

Well, you know the saying. If first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try...............................................try, try, try, try, try,....again.

Back