XP help, lost user from logon screen(HELP)

draksia

Supreme [H]ardness
All right I added another user to XP pro machine and now one of my other users dissappeared from the logon screen. This user is still listed in the users section when accessed from computer management but it is not there when I look from the user options in the control panel. Any help would be very helpful. This my primary user account and I would hate to lose of the settings and such.

odd. I would recommend disabling the welcome screen all together and try logging into it that way. Normally, if I remember right windows has you create two accounts one primary account for you to use.. also its builtin administrator account by default. I think the windows welcome screen hides the original administrator account, even if its been renamed. If your administrator account is the only account (I'm not sure on this) it might login automatically. I haven't tried this exact scenario, but when you have one user other than the administrator account windows has you create.. this is what happens. If this is the problem then you can create another user with another name of your choice, if you use the same name as your old user, your documents and settings will get weird. Then in the system properties under advanced > profiles, you can copy your old profile to the new one. This way, hopefully everything will be to your liking.. goodluck.

Back