XP hanging up at "Setup is formatiing...100%"

reddhaus

Limp Gawd
I changed out my mother board to the new DFI Expert. I put in a new AMD X2 3800+ while I was at it. Windows wouldn't recognize my Raptor at all. IT guy at work gave me a CD full of tools to reformat without windows. I did that and still no luck. I zeroed the hard drive with the same disk of tools and formated with a version of FDISK on that CD. Still nothing.

I zeroed and reset the mater boot record with a tool from the disk. Window Setup finally recognized the hardrive. It started to format and it hit 100%. Now it is just sitting there at 100%. It has been like that for about 10 min. as of this post.

I have never had these problems before and am the first to admit I don't know what I am doing.

What do I do from this point?

Please Help............

Plugged the hard drive in correctly? Did you make sure that the jumber is set based off of whatever controller you have it set on?

Put another device with it on the same cable?

Windows wont recognise your raptor.. Did you install the SATA drivers by hitting F6 during windows setup?

I have seen some Asus boards recognize a SATA drive as an IDE drive.. was very very strange and caused some problems later on in Windows XP. Something with the way bootable drives was setup in the BIOS. This may not help you but for basic information.

Back