XFX6990 in Antec nsk3480

Aran

n00b
Hi,
i just managed to fit the hd6990 into this mATX case.
Not a fancy mod but it might be interesting for those who own an Antec nsk3480.

BB288307.jpg

BB288308.jpg

BB288309.jpg

BB288310.jpg

BB288304.jpg

Nice! I see you've painted the chassis black.

What PSU are you using in there, and are you still able to use an optical drive?

Thanks,
I use the Tagan BZ800 so i cannot fit a dvd-drive in there because of the weird connections on the psu. Maybe with another psu...

Could you post some pictures of the case in general? Its the first time i've seen such a simple case at the same time as unique. I'm thinking of changing my sg05 to a modded nsk3480

You can see pics at Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129035

I used to use this case for my LAN party rig, and I quite liked it. I ran a Xeon E3110 @3.6GHz with a GTX 285 graphics card.

PRO
Built like a tank!
Very compact.
Can hold big graphics card.
Can hold big coolers.
Great ventilation.
HDD mounts use Antec's super soft grommets.
Comes with an EarthWatts EA380 (now probably EA380D) PSU which is pretty decent.
Can be quite a quiet system.

CON
Heavy (from being built like a tank).
Can only hold a few drives.
Limited space for PSU, basically if you want to use optical drives you have to keep your PSU under around 160mm deep.
No filters for fans.

The best PSUs that fits this case with an optical drive are probably the Antec Neo Eco (still available) and Antec True Power Trio (discontinued).

Thanks for the newegg link, but with "general pictures" I meant the ones of YOUR biuld , I've already seen many configs, even vertical motherboard layout.

About fan filters: That is actually not a really major problem, you can find multiple solutions for that.

Also, about the fact that you can't host so many HDD's... I'm actually only using WD500GB 2.5" and will be upgrading to a 120GB SSD. I'd like to see some one that has been able to fit PSU, ODD and some kind of bay adapter for 2x 2,5" and 1x 3,5".

And just one more thing. Could I ask you, how much does your case weight with mobo, psu, hdds and everything else? I want to know if I'll be able of taking it with me as I do actually with my sg05 (I take it with me inside a sports bag every 2 months andtake a plane)

Well, i will post more pics tomorrow and i'll be able to give you the total weight of the case. Right now i'm actually celebrating new year :) i'm from Belgium.
About the hdd's, you can put 2 ssd's behind the motherboard.

I will answer all your questions but right now i need a new drink ;)

Don't know if you are asking me or Aran. I may have pics of my former rig, but not sure if I have interior pics, just some exterior ones. Alas I no longer have it so can't take pics or weigh it. I do know that it was super heavy for the size.

As long as you use a PSU short enough to fit an ODD, you shouldn't have any problems mounting one 3.5" HDD and two SSDs (with a dual adapter).

Back