XFX says YES to NVIDIA 400 series...

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
According to their Facebook page...

They posted Specs Saturday and I commented that they weren't making 400 series and here is was they responded with....

"XFX soon .. in few weeks . u will find it in XFX !! MSI , ASUS , GIGABYTE and E-Vga have this card for 500-520 $ !! but in XFX u will find it for 480 $ .. Any way .. This is perfect :)
Yesterday at 9:14am"

So I guess they are making GTX480 afterall????

"XFX soon .. in few weeks . u will find it in XFX !! MSI , ASUS , GIGABYTE and E-Vga have this card for 500-520 $ !! but in XFX u will find it for 480 $ .. Any way .. This is perfect :)
Yesterday at 9:14am"

For some reason I doubt this.

I hope they do, I like XfX. I have used their products in builds for other people. They run very well ^_^

They actually posted that? "... u will find it in XFX..."

What class of speech is that? Sounds like a kid in the ninth grade wrote that.

"Dude, GTX 480 is coming to XFX. U will C us soon!!!"

Obviously not a native Engligh speaker....but its their official page on Facebook.

I wonder what Nvidia did to entice them back. Maybe got rid of that supposed clause where they had to buy so many low-end parts per GF100?

They actually posted that? "... u will find it in XFX..."

What class of speech is that? Sounds like a kid in the ninth grade wrote that.

"Dude, GTX 480 is coming to XFX. U will C us soon!!!"

More likely someone who's english is their 2nd/3rd langauge.

Sub $500 GTX480 already...I don't know if that is a good sign (of a late April Fools joke).

I hope this is true just to throw water on all the XFX/Nvidia divorce gossip. /snicker

I hope this is true just to throw water on all the XFX/Nvidia divorce gossip. /snicker

I doubt it is but that is very much over blown anyways, Nvidia has several big name vendors that sell both green and red so to be that mad over not being exclusive (esp when your 6 months late and are going to be short cards ) with a company. in all likely hood that not carrying the fermi boards is related to market conditions and issue with that line (that is an awfully hot card to have a double lifetime warranty on). I doubt that it was every a divorce.

Maybe NV showed them some of their plans for the refresh?

Step 1: Make it run cooler.

Step 2: Make it run cooler then Step 1.

Step 3 (if Steps 2 and 1 Fail): Invest in microscopic cold fusion heatsinks.

Hehe, ok in all seriousness, who would put much faith in Nvidia's future plans at this very point in time. They hyped Fermi to be much more then it is to everyone including the AIB's for months leading all the way to their soft launch.

I do believe Nvidia will get this straightened out, how well and how fast remains to be seen. And until I see it, I would take Nvidia's future plans with a grain of salt.

Nvidia came back after the original FX ordeal so I suspect they'll come back just fine this time.

I cancled my preorder 480gtx. Just going to wait for now. I waited thru the FX ordeal. I would probably try the amd cards, but I use non standard res's and refresh rates time to time. And amd doesn't have a custom refresh rate tool built into their drivers. So that's a turn off for me.

Just like with FX, but FX cards were just slow. But I figure we'll be waiting at least a year. It takes 6 months from tape out to retail. And we have no solid proof they even have a fermi II in the works or not. So going to be a long long wait.

Step 1: Make it run cooler.

Step 2: Make it run cooler then Step 1.

Step 3 (if Steps 2 and 1 Fail): Invest in microscopic cold fusion heatsinks.

Hehe, ok in all seriousness, who would put much faith in Nvidia's future plans at this very point in time. They hyped Fermi to be much more then it is to everyone including the AIB's for months leading all the way to their soft launch.

I do believe Nvidia will get this straightened out, how well and how fast remains to be seen. And until I see it, I would take Nvidia's future plans with a grain of salt.

I think they would be alright if TSMC could pull their head out. but I would bet that a re spin will do them a lot of good as well

Back