XFI..no sound, help!

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
5,333
Hi, so for the past year my xfi 1000 has been trouble free. Today when i started up there was no sound...cant hear music, cant hear system sounds...my pc is in a cabinet so the cables haven't been touched. I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers..no go. If i launch the "entertainment center" software from creative..I can cycle through the speakers..noise test and spoken word..I hear both..but when i try to listen to anything else its a no go.
If I try to play a video i get no sound..then intermittent sputtering of dialogue.....
any ideas?
thanks
Oh win xp pro...all updates.
 
make sure your music and vid programs arent muted? lol.
if creative center has full sound then id say it's not an issue with the X-Fi (thatd be a 1st...) make sure all yer audio applications are working properly and undo any windows updates that may have been installed recently.
 
Back
Top