Xbox Ram

Bling

Gawd
i am currently in the market for a modded xbox to use for entertainment purposes. I am not going to immediately use mythtv as I do not have a backend yet but I will use the media center and I think i will benefit from the high def capability soon. The stock xbox has 64mb of ram. I was looking at the dreamx systems, I know the faster cpu has compatibility problems but they sell an xbox that has just the added ram (128mb total) and no cpu upgrade. so in essence it still retains its compatibility.I have heard some poeple complain about various problems like delays when using the menu system...etc..

on the other hand, Someone is willing to sell me a modded conextant xbox (samsung drive and 120gb drive) Would dvd/media centter/mythtv applications benefit from the doubled ram? Should I buy the dreamx system or is the a way to get someone to solder ram chips on the conextant? Or should I just buy the conextant and forget abgout the ram?

IMO the ram isn't all that usefull (except for like emulators and programs like that) and if you're only planning to use it for media centre capabilities, then it is a bit of a waste of money. For me, it all runs fine on the stock 64mb ram, but if you're set on upgrading the ram then dreamx is expensive but a safe bet, as it is pretty hard to solder the ram chips in, so it'd be costly to do so. I think you ought to just go for the modded ordinary one with the bigger hd and samsung

I can always send my xbox to friendtech for the ram upgrade if i need it.

just remember once you start getting past say the 150 dollar mark you can do better by buying a PC to do the same thing.

Back