XBOX 360 Wireless Headset on PC Problem

JayD

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
339
So I have the Microsoft Wireless Receiver and Headset and Windows Vista. I also have an X-Fi sound card in my rig. I want to use the headset as a normal microphone and earpiece to hear other players but when I turn it on all sound is routed from the speakers to the headset. Its weird, I will be playing music in iTunes and then turn on the headset and watch a YouTube video and the sound from YouTube is played through the headset, but the music from iTunes is still coming from the speakers. In L4D, all sound comes from the headset, none from the speakers, and when I attempt the microphone test in-game it doesn't pick up anything. All drivers are up to date. What gives?
 
try setting your sound output to 2.0 rather then 5.1/4,1

as for the mic problem, its common for vista + xfi cards, my mic doesn't work half the timei n VOIP apps/games
 
Back
Top