::: Xbox 360 Update :::

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Just thought i'd do a little update w/ some screenies!

**NOTE: THESE ARE ALL IN GAME!**

NBA Live 2006:

011su.jpg

03ball3rj.jpg

Project Gotham Racing 3:
72600014jr.jpg

72600034oy.jpg

Gears of War:

928234_20050517_screen002.jpg

Need for Speed: Most Wanted ( Xbox/PS2/PC port; X360 image )
74200010mo.jpg

Monster Madness:
monster3fb.jpg

Stay tuned for more

the first project gothem pic must be a camera photo. doesnt look like the rest of tehm at all

I think its time for me to buy an HDTV. My PC game shelf at best buy just keeps on shrinking these days.

I love my consoles for the first 2 years that they are out then I go back to PC untill a new console arrives. Rinse and repeat for every console launch.

i think my hdtv just broke out in a sweat... I can't wait for this console. This might be the first one I ever buy on launch day

The only way that I'm not going to be getting one of the new consoles is if my bank account says "no." Otherwise, I'm definitely going to be doing a lot of console gaming..:p

The only one that looks 'in game' is the last one because it looks like the perspective that you would have when you're actually playing it. All the other ones just look like pre-rendered propaganda shots because I don't think an 'in game' view is a basketball on the ground or the stores along the street.

The live 2006 shots are similar to the Madden 2006 shots theat were out a while ago, they are from a concept video to be shown during the draft, not nessicarrily in game.

PGR3, elder scrolls, maybe perfect dark. are the games i'll be getting at launch. i'll have to check on perfect dark, and then which of the others are actually launch titles. this stuff is going to be kickass. oh and a note to anyone planning on reserving an xbox...

if you have a sam goody, musicland, or whatever other chains are owned by that company. wait for a triple point day with a replay card, then go to the store with 500 bucks and reserve an xbox and 3 games, or more or less, whatever you want. but i'm planning on throwin down 500 on a triple point day *happens about once a month* and when i spend that 500 on reserves, i'll get back $150 in store gift certificates, that's 4 controllers from the start, another 3 games, whatever i want. so that is the best deal i know of for saving money.

NFS:MW
The Outfit
GR3
COD2
Metronome

Those are the games I will get if they are day one launch games. I will still get them if they aren't, but I hope they are.

I will also be hopeing that NCAA FOOTBALL 2006 will be B.C..

Some "The Outfit" and "City of Metronome" shots:

is the basketball player made of clay?

the only somewhat impressive picture is the wall from PGR3

"They're in-game! No, we're serious this time! We just haven't made the HUDs yet!"

kind of a small nit to pick, but.....with three cores, etc etc, they cant make a round basketball?

I'm really looking forward to that Dead Rising game. I miss games that require you to hold down the trigger through nearly the entire game.

finalgt said:
"They're in-game! No, we're serious this time! We just haven't made the HUDs yet!"
FYI, devs can get rid of huds, they can also move the camera anywhere around the current scene in the game they want.

Hate_Bot said:
FYI, devs can get rid of huds, they can also move the camera anywhere around the current scene in the game they want.
or they can render an image and say its in game. hmm.

Oh, I'm aware. But at what point during a basketball game is the ball laying on the court while the players stand around and wait? It probably wouldn't in preparation for a foul shot, the ball wouldn't just be laying on the court. And the zombie game where the protagonist is surrounded by a thousand zombies, seemingly inescapably? What game has a part where you die no matter what?

finalgt said:
Oh, I'm aware. But at what point during a basketball game is the ball laying on the court while the players stand around and wait? It probably wouldn't in preparation for a foul shot, the ball wouldn't just be laying on the court. And the zombie game where the protagonist is surrounded by a thousand zombies, seemingly inescapably? What game has a part where you die no matter what?

Van+ twin turbo 8 liter V12 = easy pickin's

These might not be "in-game", but they are "in-engine", meaning the graphics DO look like that.

I think the NBA screens are in game graphics using the replay more, which is different from being pre-rendered. I think the graphics will look like that if you zoom in close and stuff. The problem with sports games is that the next gen ones will likely have lots of detail and look that good. The only problem is no one can play a sports game properly with the camera zoomed in that close, so a lot of the detail goes to waste and only shows up in replay mode.

That last screen shot of monster madness doesn't look too impressive at all though. Looks current gen. The best ones are the PGR3 ones.

xenogears said:
I think the NBA screens are in game graphics using the replay more, which is different from being pre-rendered. I think the graphics will look like that if you zoom in close and stuff. The problem with sports games is that the next gen ones will likely have lots of detail and look that good. The only problem is no one can play a sports game properly with the camera zoomed in that close, so a lot of the detail goes to waste and only shows up in replay mode.

That last screen shot of monster madness doesn't look too impressive at all though. Looks current gen. The best ones are the PGR3 ones.

Its supposed to be a co-op game and is rumored to have about 3,000 characters on screen. I think the graphics are really nice, its just a different art style.

ryanrule said:
or they can render an image and say its in game. hmm.

Funny how you criticize what's shown with the X360/PS3 so heavily yet you're so ready to support Nintendo despite the fact that they haven't shown anything.

X360 is going to rock! :D

I'm sure PC hardware will catch up in a year or two, but I doubt there will be racing/sports/action games that look that good :eek:

Yup, I can't wait for the new consoles to come out. I'm probably getting a xbox 360 and ps3, but not revolution since nintendo doesn't impress me anymore and they think backwards.

xenogears said:
Yup, I can't wait for the new consoles to come out. I'm probably getting a xbox 360 and ps3, but not revolution since nintendo doesn't impress me anymore and they think backwards.

I'm deff getting X360....

PS3...hm....i'm gonna have to wait on that one...maybe next winter

Revolution? LOL... i dont think so :p

I am still waiting to see a true ingame screen shot, you know like the ones that show what the game looks like when your playing it? Whats wrong with showing us the damn HUD, unless your making a game without one.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Revolution? LOL... i dont think so :p

Same here. Nintendo has an uphill climb to earn back my interest. Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, on the other hand, have tons of games coming out that I can't wait to get my hands on.

m4rine said:
I am still waiting to see a true ingame screen shot, you know like the ones that show what the game looks like when your playing it? Whats wrong with showing us the damn HUD, unless your making a game without one.

They're probably still laying the foundation of the game's engine (graphics, physics) so stuff like the GUI, HUD etc. along with control tweaking are like the icing on the cake and will take place further down in development.

mastercheeze said:
kind of a small nit to pick, but.....with three cores, etc etc, they cant make a round basketball?

The alpha kits were running off of one core only. The only just got the beta GPU's in late May.

for those who doubt the Project gotham shot. this is real.

it's simply a texture based on real street. dont forget that project gotham team has been collecting data on cities for years, now I am sure they can use highter rez textures.

I live in NYC, I def can tell you this is based on chinatown. Props to the developers to crank up the details this much.

Real shot
chine

pgr3 shot
nyshot.jpg

BlckRaven said:
I live in NYC, I def can tell you this is based on chinatown. Props to the developers to crank up the details this much.

I was about to post on this. Yeah it look real as hell, but the more you study it, the more you see it's 3D. Look at the wall of windows on the left and you'll see the air conditioners are flat as well as the big restaurant sign which is a simple box poly.

Too bad this detail will not be appreciated as you'll be driving by at 120 mph and they don't give you a walk-through mode where you can really enjoy the incredible detail. They should make a FPS using this world.

:rolleyes:

The posters in the window are the same. The names of the businesses are the same. If they kept all of the business names for the entire city, they would pay licensing out the wazoo.

These renders don't impress me, when I see a video of somebody playing one of these games, and they look like that, I'll be impressed. There are renders like this for every generation of consoles; even 3DO had "in-game" shots that looked pretty good.

Back