Xbox 360 trouble signing into XBL + viewing ads

gta95

Limp Gawd
My 360 has a little trouble signing into XBL. In order to sign on, I have to start a test connection, exit out right after it starts, and then connect. Also, when some sports games have in game advertising, I would have to have my connection open ( ie downloading an item from the marketplace) for the ads to show up. This has happened with both the 360s I have used. Could it be the cable/switch to that Xbox? My friend came over last week and his worked just fine, on a different cable/switch though.

Does the 360 use ports? If yes, then you will need to open them in your router.

XBL and the 360 do use ports. There's a great how-to that shows how to set up a static IP and forward the ports. If you google "xbox 360 port forwarding" you should pull it up. I can't since I'm here at work but I've used it to great success in the past.

I have my 360 setup to port forwarding and everything. My brother just told me he can see ads on his account, he just has to follow the same routine to sign in as I do. All my ports are forwarded, and during the connection test, the Xbox states the NAT as Open. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the switch.

Back