Xbox 360 Audio Through Computer Speakers

willdar

n00b
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
3
As it stands, I have a set of Logitech 2.1 speakers I've been meaning to replace. I've ruined the connection to the sub from using it as a makeshift footrest over the past year. I also plan to buy an Xbox 360 and Dell 2407 (Another thread for another forum). My question is: How can I set up the 360 in a way that I can have audio through a set of computer speakers?

I plan to use the VGA AV cable:
1133487765.jpg


How do I go about wiring everything? Audiophile quality is not a really big issue.

Do I need a soundcard, reciever (oh please no expensive audio equipment), separate speakers? Ideally, a set of 2.1 or 5.1 PC speakers would be great, but I have no idea how to get decent sound quality with minimal equipment and cables. Please advise.
 
If your going to buy a x360 and a new screen, then you owe it to yourself to get a better speaker system too.

i have a logitech z5500 system, its hooked up to x360 via optical.

the x360 vga cable has optical input, as seen in that picture.
 
I would also suggest Z-5500 too. Minimal equipments and cables with good sound.
 
Back
Top