Xaser III Super Tower Series Modding?

RuyZ

n00b
well im considering buying a Xaser III Super Tower Series and the main think im not a fna of is the front logo, you know the lighted "thermaltake" or the skulls on teh lanfire series, im wondering if its a big projecto to remove that or is it built right into the front and removing it and filling the hole would be hard.
well any comments are good.

I'll be blunt here...

buying that monstrosity for a couple hundred then getting rid of that would be pretty dumb, and a pain. The only decent way to get rid of it entirely would be to bondo it up, which means you'd have to paint it and somehow match the paintjob on the case.

If you wanted to, you could remove the picture behind it and put your own in. Tt also sells kits with different pictures, but giving them any more money for their junk would be bad.

i have to agree with ness1469 and say that if ur gonna spend that much money on a case, you might as well get one where you can atcually mod

get urself a Lian Li and mod that thing

it would be totally worth it if you could pull of a nice mod that you did yourself, it prolly cost less too

ah k, but i never really got what people liked about lian li's there just way to plain for me, and im not amazing at modding cases

Originally posted by RuyZ
ah k, but i never really got what people liked about lian li's there just way to plain for me, and im not amazing at modding cases

Lian Li's can very beautiful. You just have to treat them nicely and accessorize BLING BLING them properly with nice looking mods.

That "plain" look is what sets LianLi's above and beyond most others when it comes to modding. I used to have an Xaser2 and I can honestly say that there is no point in buying something that overly-premodded, and then trying to make it your own. I won't lie to you, it HAS been done, but it's no easy task.

Something like a plain-jane beige case, or a CM or LiLi would have a LOT more modding potential and definitely make the job easier on you.....not forcing you to work around all these little "fancy frills" that Tt deems cool. :rolleyes:

Ack, man, find something better. Those cases are heavier than an 18wheeler, over-priced, and don't offer any real advantages. People only buy them because they think they "look" nice.

If you're gonna drop some doh' on a case, go with Coolermaster, at least they're using aluminum :)

For my case, I went with a Skyhawk Jupitor w/o the window kit (on accident) from NewEgg for $69. All aluminum, light as a feather. AND I got to customize it to my liking. I cut my own holes in the side for fans and 2 windows, I also added an intake fan to the back, and an exhaust fan to the top. Then capped it off with repainting the front of my CDrom/Floppy/Card drives. It was far more enjoyable than buying one premodded for hundreds more.

Not to mention the thousands you're going to spend on chiropractor work after carrying it out to your car!

Originally posted by Spidey329
Ack, man, find something better. Those cases are heavier than an 18wheeler, over-priced, and don't offer any real advantages. People only buy them because they think they "look" nice.

If you're gonna drop some doh' on a case, go with Coolermaster, at least they're using aluminum :)

For my case, I went with a Skyhawk Jupitor w/o the window kit (on accident) from NewEgg for $69. All aluminum, light as a feather. AND I got to customize it to my liking. I cut my own holes in the side for fans and 2 windows, I also added an intake fan to the back, and an exhaust fan to the top. Then capped it off with repainting the front of my CDrom/Floppy/Card drives. It was far more enjoyable than buying one premodded for hundreds more.

Not to mention the thousands you're going to spend on chiropractor work after carrying it out to your car!

I hate to burst your bubble but Tt DOES offer an aluminum variant of the XaserIII (the V2000) so just 'cus someone is looking at an Xaser doesn't mean they should also be looking for a chiropractor.

I'm not saying that I completely support Tt but different people buy different cases for different reasons. There is NO such thing as ONE case that is better for everyone.....maybe you.....but not everyone.

Originally posted by ness1469
People like LiLi's because they consider them a blank canvas.

exactly, they're excellent "surfaces" to start with if you're gonna be doing a full case mod, offering a nice, visually appealing stock look as well as an easy to work with body.

Sadly, I dont' think I could ever find it in me to cut up a LiLi and paint over its beautifull brushed finish. :( :rolleyes:

Back