X800XT wont take its drivers

Dj_

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
94
I have just built my self a new rig and the graphics card is playing up. When I try to install the cats. it installs them ok and goes to restart the machine yet upon the restart, just before it loads the windows xp screen it crashes and starts up then crashes in the same place.The only way to get back in is to use safe mode. I have tried cat 4.8/4.9/4.10. The thing is I had the exact same problem with my Audigy2 and I solved it by turning off the onboard sound in the bios. It had me thinking maybe there was onboard graphics to turn off but there isnt. Anyone any ideas. Rig is Prescott 3.6, Abit 3rd Eye, 1G Corsair DDR2 667, X800XT, Audigy2, 460w Enermax, Windows XP. Any help will be massivly appreciated, I wanna rip far cry on this rig :)
 
This is a brand new build ? of the machine ? have you tried re-installing windows ?

What dirver set are you using .. have you error tested your memory what are your temps alot of simple questions for a answer that might be complicated
 
Rams good, Temps are suprisingly low for a prescott, newest drivers for everything
 
Its a new build from scratch, Would I have to remove the windows based drivers that start the card before you run the cats, I have heard of a driver cleanup, anyone know the address, I think it could be a bios problem. my sound card was doing exactly the same thing until i turned off the onboard sound. I have had a look in my bios but the only thing in there graphiucs related is whether you use a pci slot or pcix. Im completly stuck :(
 
You said any ideas, right?

Not enough power to the card. [ I saw your ps, but still wonder]

Current bios doesn't support 256 mb video cards.


:)
 
Are you installing the one shot package for the ATI cards or are you installing the individal packages?
 
someDude said:
You said any ideas, right?

Not enough power to the card. [ I saw your ps, but still wonder]

Current bios doesn't support 256 mb video cards.


:)
I contacted ati and they say 350 is minimum 450 + is plenty, running the latest bios, supports 128-256 agp and pci-e, thanks for the ideas tho mate

bigstusexy said:
Are you installing the one shot package for the ATI cards or are you installing the individal packages?

Im using the one shot pack, i have tried 4.5/ 4.8/ 4.9/ 4.10. I am 100% sure its not the drivers just some setting might not be turned on or something. Any more Ideas guys, Im desperate now, I have been sat in front of this comp now for bout 10hrs :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top