x800xt in a shuttle

vage

2[H]4U
Does anyone have this setup? I have an x800 xt and a shuttle SK83G and with the case on my temps get way too hot so I was thinking of modding my case but I don't want to if I don't have to. The card also came with a slightly broken fan so I sent it back. I was just wondering what people get for temps on their cards with the stock cooler.

SN95G5
~46C idle, ~50C load (cover on)
~36C idle, ~40C load (cover off)

BBA X800 XT PE Stock settings/cooling

thats crazy. Mine got up to 70+ degrees C with the cover on under heavy load. I am hoping that it was just the shitty card and my new one will be a lot better. Do you have the mesh sides or any extra cooling?

No, just the standard SN95G5 case, but I was probably going to install a mesh window where my video card is so a lot more air can get through it.

Kakyoin said:
SN95G5
~46C idle, ~50C load (cover on)
~36C idle, ~40C load (cover off)

BBA X800 XT PE Stock settings/cooling

How are you checking the temps for your vid card?

Your idle temps seem pretty spot on, but your load temps look about 20+ low from what I'm seeing with my x800pro VIVO @ XT.

-dB

The ATi Overdrive feature in the Catalyst Driver Control Panel. It doesnt get much hotter then 55C load. Guess my fan is really good. Plus when it heats up, my smart fan kicks in.

I don't have that tab... enh... Heck, I think I might still be running the 4.11 betas.

Does it tell you the max temp it reached? Or does it only tell you the current temp and you're checking right after exiting something?

If it's the later, the temps are known to drop QUICKLY.

The only reason I keep asking is because you're reporting temps that are much lower than what I have seen anyone reporting on a x800 with stock cooling.

-dB

Tells me only the current temp. I've checked it out after exiting after playing a few hours of WoW and CS:S and CS 1.6 it was around 50-55C.

I've also alt-tabbed while playing to check temps and they are about the same ( +/- 3C )

see I think that is why your temps are so low. I have dual monitors and I usually open that tab and put it on one monitor while I play on the other one and my temps get up extremely high where as if I alt tab out, they drop down about 15 degrees before the game is even done minimizing.

Yeah you can expect at least 70C with an X800XT and the cover on. It does drop by 15-20C in less than one second once you exit/alt-tab out of a game though. I don't think those temps are a problem. In fact, the fan on my X800XT doesn't even go into *the* highest mode very often under full load, it seems to stop one notch below highest and only occasionally go into full speed mode.
Doesn't cause any problems, CPU and sys temps are OK even though I have a big fat Audigy2 in the PCI slot blocking 90% of the airflow.

ok thanks a lot. I'm glad I found all this out before I went and cut this hell out of my case lol. I am still probably going to put a blowhole in the top but thats not a big deal. Thanks for all the input guys.

Back