X800 XT-PE Cooling

AtomicFire

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got my system built up and running well, and now i'm looking into cooling my X800 XT-PE AGP card. I'm looking for a GPU-Memory cooler, something similar to this but for X800 instead of X1800: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=217&cat=47&page=1

I've been looking around, and it seems Aqua Computer has one, but they don't have any of them in 1/2in. I'm planning on running the GPU block right after my CPU and right before my rad, so it should be the same size to get the most flow out of the setup right?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

EDIT:
Found this, but they only have it in 3/8in :( so close, I like how it looks too.
http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_42&products_id=38

well here's the suggestion: forget about liquid cooling the memory as it's highly unlikely to net you gains in OC and just cool the core with quality water. some ramsinks with thermal epoxy for your peace of mind and fire away.

if you take a look at any number of threads around here, you quickly find that the design goals of A-C are quite removed from the goals of manufacturers using 1/2" tubing, and the reduction in flow resulting from running an A-C block in-line with a high flowing cpu block will most likely hurt your overall system performance.

if A-C or independant reviews published good numbers on just how restrictive their products are, i could offer commentary on the possibility of going parallel with CPU and GPU, however since the manufacturer doesn't want users to know anything about the product other than how it looks........we're all out of luck.

I will have the FC8X8 with 1/2" barbs. i think its just a typo on his site because you can put 1/2" G1/4's on there.

thread resurrection! :p
I am going to be bringing in some WC gear from Europe for sure, sadly there has been some developments on Eddy's end that may put the kaibosh on me getting EK gear. I have been in kind of a holding pattern waiting to see how things unfold. I wish i could say more but at the moment that's about all i can give you.

Ram doesn't relaly need that much cooling. Just slap on some sinks, and you should be set.

IMHO, ram sinks hurt heat dissipation more than help. strip the sinks and through a fan over the top. works wonders.

Hope your EK stuff comes through. I just dealt with EK and from eastern europe to illinois took 10 days. my order was shipped with 6 hours and everything has been smooth since.

Introvert said:
IMHO, ram sinks hurt heat dissipation more than help. strip the sinks and through a fan over the top. works wonders.
and in my opinion the efficacy of ramsinks is largely dependant on the TIM that you attach them with.

if you're using thermal tape, you're better off without.

if you're using thermal epoxy or thermal epoxy blended with thermal paste, they keep the chips a bit cooler.

Back