X7DAE strange memory behavior

davision

Weaksauce
Built a dual 5160 on this X7DAE. Am trying to boot up for Windows install.

If I have two DIMMs in it freezes on the POST screen. If I pull out one of the DIMMS (which I thought was unsupported) it flies past the POST and lets me into Setup or will try to Boot Windows.

Windows will start to load (the basic blue screen driver loading) and after 10-40 seconds it will give me a variety of different errors, such as...

File ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
The error code is 7
Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

Setupdd.sys could not be loaded
The error code is 7

File hal.dll could not be loaded
The error code is 7

I've tried different DIMMs with the same result.

What is going on? Why would two DIMMs fail to work? Is this a power issue? I would think it was bad DIMMs except I've tried 3 different chips.

these are system files and very important system files , did you make a ERDisk?

Your hardware configurations have changed and its trying to look for things which are not there no more.

When a pc boots up there files which load up in a process and basically what is happening is that it checks everything is the way it should be for it to load.

You get io.sys ,msdos.sys, command .com, ntdetect.com,config.sys, and then autoexec.bat
If all this is perfect then you will see the windows executeing.

I think your ntdetect file is buggered or the kernal in windows.

If so run that, there is another way press F8 when system starts and use last good configurations but you have changed the hardware so that may become a problem.

There is this other thing you can try is put the old ones back in and make a ERDisk and later update your new configurations.

I think its the SPD(serial presence detect ) that may be the hardware cause.

the Hal.dll is for hardware , all the problems your showing are hardware related. If you can change them back to what it had before then it may boot with that cos it has a record of them configurations.

All in all its a tricky one this one.

Are u using generic stuff, like el cheapo ram ? maybe you should run a memtest first. Also, try clearing ur cmos and load default values.

Back