X79 hiberation problem "cured itself?"

x509

2[H]4U
About eight months ago, I migrated an existing Win 7 Pro 64 installation from an ASUS H55 chipset board to my current board, ASUS P9X79 Pro. Almost immediately I started having hiberation problems, where previously I had no such problems.

I would try to hibernate my system, but it would wake up by itself almost immediately, or within a few minutes, pretty consistently. I did some research at the time, including on this board, and discovered that this was a problem with a lot of X79 chipset boards. OK, I have been pretty busy, so I decided I would deal with this problem "later on."

Recently I have tried hibernation again and it works, perfectly, consistently. :eek: I have NOT updated the BIOS or made any hardware changes. I have not installed any drivers manually. (Been very busy and the system ain't broke.)

I do keep Windows fully patched up. So what happened? Did Microsoft fix this problem somehow? (Windows 7 Pro 64). :confused:

Updating my own post.

Periodically I get an error message saying that the hibernation file is corrupted and I need to START Windows from scratch. At which point, any open apps and data files could get hosed. :mad:

Back