X1800 XT power requirements

solideliquid

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
449
I think I have a 460 watt power supply on my Dell XPS gen 4.

Can my computer handle the X1800 XT? I don't have anything plugged in except a wired mouse and keyboard, oh and my wireless USB adapter.
 
I'm not sure of any specific power requirements, though i think anandtech may have included a "power consumption" chart in their review.

The rig in the sig is working flawlessly on a 400 watt enermax liberty, but i don't know what psu you have nor its quality or amperage on the rails. that could be your determining factor. however, my guess is that you will power it just fine.
 
Amperage is what you should be more concerned about. You should have at least 25A on the 12V+ rail. Open up your Dell case and check the specs on the PSU.
 
I would think it would be fine. I have a X1800 XT in my Shuttle SB81P with two HD's, DVD-Rom, etc. I havent had any issues while gaming and it only has a 350W PSU
 
Back
Top