X-QPack power supplies?

mwin

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
3,660
I've head over and over how terrible the X-QPack power supplies are. My delimma, however, is that I need a power supply no bigger than the one stock QPack supply. Anybody know of any decent candidates? If not, I guess I'm going to try out the stocker.
 
Go ahead, but don't be suprised if it goes out and/or gives really crappy rails.
 
Nakamori said:
Go ahead, but don't be suprised if it goes out and/or gives really crappy rails.

that doesn't really answer his question. to be honest, i'm not sure what psu's u'd b able to use. maybe a shuttle psu? i think they sell them over at ewiz.com, but i dont know if the shuttle psu will have the appropriate cables for a matx motherboard since the shuttle mobos are custom (proprietary? forgot the right word)
 
Shuttle Psu's are even smaller than mATX psu's, I don't think they will fit at all in the back slot. you could go with regular mATX psu's, but the selection of high-power mATX psu's are pretty slim. In fact, I have yet to see one over 400 total watts.
 
I used a full size PSU in my case and so far so good. The optical bays are fairly slim, but not that much more than any of my other drives.
 
Back
Top