X-FIs

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
4,958
So, I have an extreme gamer fatal1ty, and it just started making a squealing noise out of the speakers and freezing whatever was playing the audio, such as winamp or a game. I called Creative and they said that the card doesn't like USB audio devices, which I have a USB headset. I have an Asus M2R32-MVP motherboard and I seem to remember reading somewhere on here that the only people that have this problem are the ones with Asus, boards. So, is there a workaround somewhere for this, or should i just get a new headset?
 
I think the USB runs off the onboard sound and the additional sound card is confusing the whole sound setup, therefore the result. There is no way you cna plug a USB headset onto a PCI sound card, or unless it might be the sound output is channelled back onto the board and output through to the USB?This sounds wrong to me.

Connect to the normal sound jack and you will be fine.
 
It doesnt make sense that sound from a soundcard is passed to the USB bus.
I would say that the USB device itself is a soundcard.
 
lol dude you only use the onboard sound with that headset. get a real pair of headphones and plug them directly into the x-fi and uninstall your onboard sound drivers.
 
Back
Top