• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi's Features Being Tapped?

MetalX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 6, 2003
Messages
4,705
Any info on upcoming games that take advantage of the X-Fi's 127 voices, X-RAM on some models, OpenAL, and extra processing power? Battlefield 2 is the main game I hear mentioned that utilizes certain features. Surely there's more on the horizon.
 
TBH I stuck with my audigy 2 and I'm glad of it. However I know at least one game that will use some of the X-Fi's features and that is Quake Wars: Enemey Territory. Unless I just imagined it :(
 
BF2 works pretty well with it, I turn it to max settings (I have the Fatality card)
Quake4 also makes use of the X-Fi very well.

The Audigy series just does not compare to the X-Fi in these games, and thats a pretty obvious conclusion for anyone who goes from an Audigy to X-Fi (Mine was an A2ZS, now X-Fi)
 
BBA said:
BF2 works pretty well with it, I turn it to max settings (I have the Fatality card)
Quake4 also makes use of the X-Fi very well.

The Audigy series just does not compare to the X-Fi in these games, and thats a pretty obvious conclusion for anyone who goes from an Audigy to X-Fi (Mine was an A2ZS, now X-Fi)

Neither of those games use the X-RAM. I would like to know of any games slated to use the X-RAM. And I do not believe either of those games use anything that is not already supportted in the Audigy 2.
 
m1abram said:
Neither of those games use the X-RAM. I would like to know of any games slated to use the X-RAM. And I do not believe either of those games use anything that is not already supportted in the Audigy 2.

That was the point I was trying to make with ym comment on the other post
 
m1abram said:
Neither of those games use the X-RAM. I would like to know of any games slated to use the X-RAM. And I do not believe either of those games use anything that is not already supportted in the Audigy 2.
excellent question. Considering the large amount of time that the X-Fi has been around, isn't it surprising that nobody is talking about x-ram anymore?
 
I was pretty sure Quake 4 and BF2, were the only games to even utilize the X-ram on the X-fi chips, however it only increases performance slightly even in these games 2% max in most places.

I have not however seen any games slated to use it, seems to be still a gimmick for now. Since creative themselves aren't even hyping upcoming games with it.
 
I switched mainly for music ( its a LOT better than the ZS ) but im sure we'll see some games that take advantage this year
 
still happy with my ZS here. i dont even know i hav eit most of hte time it slips my mind. but yea that x-ram seems like a gimmick. its a good idea just not really pushed. now aegia came out with something cool and needed. x-ram? no one really needs that.
 
xfi makes my music sound so much crisper now, i freaking love listening to music now. SO much im thinking about buying a sennheiser hd595 :eek:
 
i would think that any game supporting the Doom 3 engine will take advantage of OpenAL. So, ET:QW and Prey....

Also, if BF2 used X-Ram, couldnt one assume that 2142 will as well?
 
jester1176 said:
i would think that any game supporting the Doom 3 engine will take advantage of OpenAL. So, ET:QW and Prey....

Also, if BF2 used X-Ram, couldnt one assume that 2142 will as well?

Still a pretty small list, I just find it strange Creative is not even marketing or pushing it anymore
 
perhaps X-ram is too hard to code for, or is was just "hype" and not really worth it for developers to code for... ?
 
Back
Top