X-fi, what's next?

DeadByDawn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
477
The x-fi has been out for a while now.
Anybody know if Creative is coming out with a new line or better version?
 
They've not announced anything but I think it is safe to assume they are working on something new. For one they are a company in business to make money, and they do that by selling new cards. However it also might explain the abysmal state of their drivers. They have their dev team hard at work on their new toy, they aren't spending the time needed ot get their current drivers working.
 
They've not announced anything but I think it is safe to assume they are working on something new. For one they are a company in business to make money, and they do that by selling new cards. However it also might explain the abysmal state of their drivers. They have their dev team hard at work on their new toy, they aren't spending the time needed ot get their current drivers working.

Sound cards are a relatively small part of Creative's market. Maybe they're pulling out? That would also explain a certain apathy towards drivers, but then again Creative's drivers have sucked as far back as I can remember. *shrugs*.
 
Sound Blaster XXX-Fi?

I say they call it a day. How much more Xtremefidelity do we need? Auzen's hardware is superior anyway. Now that they're using the X-fi chip, as long as X-prelude gets S/PDIF worked out then it's the ultimate game/music/movie soundcard.
 
Back
Top