X-fi volume and distortion

ourfpshero

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
1,237
i noticed while experimenting with different headsets that the main volume control on the x-fi cannot be over 70% or bass gets distorted. even if your headphones have their own voume control or the wave slider is down bass still distorts even at low volume!
 
I have never noticed a problem like that. I have had lots of problems with the X-Fi, especially with the drivers. Currently I cannot access my EQ no matter what mode I put the device in. Guess i gotta reinstall the drivers. Anyway, I have Sennheiser HD595's and a Klipsch surround system - I have used them extensively with my X-Fi Elite Pro and have never had any problems with quality. Occasionally it will play MP3s in slow motion, occasionally I'll get a fucking ear peircing white noise when I do something that winamp at that point in time just doesn't like.

Fuck this card pisses me off so much and has so much shit that is retarded because of shotty drivers but it is worth it when things are working.

Maybe try lowering the Wave volume in the volume control. I doubt you have to have it all the way up to get the volume you want.
 
I get the same problem with my x-fi xtreme gamer. I am thinking of purchasing an amp for this reason.
 
just to be clear- i love my x-fi and it sounds great- this post is a warning/info for anybody who might keep the volume on too high and have them hooked up to a headset or speakers w/their own volume control.
 
Adjust the gain (decibel level) in the X-Fi software to clear bass distortion when switching speaker types. Then use the volume control on the headset themselves. My Sennheisers did the same thing until I got hip to what was going on.
 
Back
Top