X-Fi Prelude microphone input - does it work yet?

Wally

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
2,691
I bought a Prelude around Christmas, and found that plugging my mic into the mic socket gave no input. I was told this was a known issue and that it was to be fixed in an upcoming patch. I've been using my old onboard sound in conjunction with the Prelude just so I can use my mic.

Has it been fixed yet? Is it actually a known issue, or was I misinformed?
 
hooray i can now buy this card
unless theres something better about to come out soon
 
I got the latest drivers and am still having a lot of difficulty. All that's heard coming from me is quiet white noise.

Moofasa, to make sure I'm not being a total dildo, which jack do you have the mic plugged into (looking at it from the back of your case)?
 
Oh, silly me. I thought I was asking for information, not glib. My mistake.

Cheers.
 
Oh, silly me. I thought I was asking for information, not glib. My mistake.

Cheers.

I have full confidence and faith in your ability to look at the back of the box that your sound card came in and figure out which port is labeled "microphone" (it's the very last port).
 
Well, for me it's still borked.

I'll hop on Ventrilo and within 5-30 minutes it completely cuts out, which requires a reboot in order to get it working again.

This happens about 50% of the time and has me very unhappy. I called them up just a bit ago, explained the situation and was told they are aware of the problem, and at this point there is no fix or anything else that they can do to fix it.

Since that's not good enough for me, I'm going to call up and ask to speak with a manager to see how that goes.

The card was not cheap and I expect a better solution than "there is nothing we can do about it"

Just spoke with a manager, and asked politely for either a refund or a fully functional solution to the problem. The guy said he will get back to me tomorrow.

Stay tuned.
 
Back
Top