X-Fi Platinum?

LstBrunnenG

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
6,677
I was about to pull the trigger on a Xonar DX (as previously discussed) when I noticed it has a required floppy power connector. I'm pretty sure I do not actually have a free floppy connector. Even if I do, getting it to the card would be a huge PITA.

The X-Fi Titanium is only $50 more, and according to ExtremeTech it sounds as good as the Xonar, in both subjective tests and making comparisons in RightMark. Anything I should know before I pull the trigger?

Spaceman need not reply to this thread.
 
I'm pretty sure they both come with a standard molex to floppy power connector cable which is around 12" long.
 
The X-Fi Platinum I linked to (the new PCIe one with the Fata1ity branding) does not have an internal breakout box that could require additional power. The X-Fi pictured does not have a connector for Molex or floppy power on the PCB - and the Xonar has a connector pictured, but no adapter cable.
 
my bad- i didnt click the link- its not for a PLATINUM but a PROFESSIONAL! and it doesnt need a power hookup
 
>.< Sorry, I meant Titanium. Editing post to suit; if a mod happens by, could they possibly change the thread title to match?

Anyway, I'm more concerned with potential driver issues or (possible) woefully inferior sound quality to the Prelude, Xonar, or other Azuen models. The ET review said it was just as good, but I figure some of the audiophiles here might have more personal experience.
 
Back
Top