X-Fi Help Please BSOD

Battl3fr0nt

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
186
I was having weird cracking sound's in BF2142 so I uninstalled my X-fi drivers while doing that I got the BSOD then I reinstalled the drivers now My PC will just crash BSOD and restart ever since then I used driver cleaner pro 1.5 and then reinstalled the drivers and I am still getting BSOD Im running windows XP Home and I dont get why I keep getting this I have heard of it befor and I never had this prob untill I uninstalled my X-Fi Drivers but like I said ever since then i get the BSOD... Do u think I need to reinstall my OS? I think that is what is it coming down to but if I do should I just install windows Vista I have it I just never installed it but anyway anser that after I get this prob fixed if I can fix it with your help so yeah Please anything will help I cant take this anymore my Rig specs are in my sig sorry for the spelling Im rlly sleepy I have been up all night trying to figer this out but yeah I hope u can under stand what I mean and help me I need to try and get some sleep but I hope to hear some good news when I wake up agian thank's you have always been a HUGE help with other Q's I have asked and please help me on this.. and then worry about my vista Q... agian sorry im rly sleepy..
 
Well thanks alot EVERYONE!!!!!!!! jesus you guys are ass holes.. everything is all about urselfs on this site..... well F anyone that needs help from me agian........
 
Well thanks alot EVERYONE!!!!!!!! jesus you guys are ass holes.. everything is all about urselfs on this site..... well F anyone that needs help from me agian........
This is [H]; get used to people ignoring you so they can go gawk at the same useless threads that show off new toys like the FW900 and Westinghouse 37" threads in Display. Then don't forget about the picture threads in here. I hate it too but if you don't like it, don't come here. Also do not pay attention to the "## viewing" for forums. I'm sure that the number is inflated by bots or something. There will be no activity for hours but 100 people viewing the forum.

As for your issues....Boot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers then run CCleaner. Then reinstall the latest drivers and see how it goes.
 
thanks man I did that already and the latest drivers kinda suck I also did a dual boot on another HDD and have Vista on it and I still get the cracking sound in BF2142 and sometimes it will just make a load ringing sound and my card will not play sound untill a restart but with XP I did do the Driver cleaner and some other things I dont know what is going on with it I just think Im gonna need to do a clean install with XP and get a new card maby... and a new PSU I really want one my 480 can handle what I have by spec but I want more power it is always good to have I just wish there was a fix for this.. and it seesm to only happen in BF2142 but the BSOD happens random even when im not in game.. and I am sorry about the other post I made I just have been installing reinstalling and I even installed Vista on my backup drive after formating it and the prob seems to be worse on Vista... damn MS... I love PC game I think it is the only way to play I just dont get why this prob never happend on my other system I built but agian Im sorry about calling u all assholes and stuff you guys have helped me out and I have helped some of you out so thanks man for at least trying that is all I ask for... but yeah do U think I should get a new PSU and just go buy a new X-fi and take it back if I get the same prob??? I may do that moday or tommarow if I can make it to the store.. anyway thanks agian and please more help would be nice :)
 
Afaik

Vista + Sound + nVidia = rare BSOD
Vista + XFi + nVidia = often BSOD

NVidia is suppoded to release new drivers to fix this problem i think...
 
Back
Top