WZC issue in XP64.

Methadras

Supreme [H]ardness
Maybe someone has seen this problem and knows what to do because I'm at my wits end on this one. Okay, here is the scenario. I'm running xp64 sp2 with a Linksys WMP54GS 64-bit drivers with a WRT54GS running Thibor 16. I've had the wireless NIC and router for a long long time and they ran flawlessly on my regular xp32 system before I upgraded to xp64. The scenario is, is that I can connect to the net, get great speeds, the router and the nic are in the same room about 4 feet from each other and I can see the wireless connection icon in the system tray and it tells me that I'm connected. However whenever I look to see the 'View Wireless Networks' window to view other SSID's, it's empty. There is simply nothing there to view. I know I'm broadcasting my SSID and I know that there are other wireless networks in place because my xp32 laptop sees them including mine.

I've thought about using a third party wireless management app like Network Magic, but I'm just irritated that I can see my SSID or others. It seems that the entire WZC structure is borked, but there is nothing I've been able to find to fix it or why it's doing this. Can anyone shed some light or lead me in the right direction on this? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Wow. Nothing? No one has had this problem or knows of how to fix it? Any sliver of info would be great.

Back