WTS: RT-AC56U Router

sinisterDei

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
Back to the top. I've come across an Opteron 6212 + MOBO + RAM that I've added to the listing. Could be someone's first baby steps into a server world! IPMI on the mobo is nice, and it can take a shit-ton of RAM if you've got it laying around.

Absolutely fine. Read performance from the drives is essentially normal for any high capacity 5900 RPM drive. Their drive controller manages writes on the fly and for low-thread count sequential copies is again essentially normal. Their writes dramatically slow during heavy or multithreaded sustained writing operations - such as during a RAID rebuild - and when their writes slow down they have unexpected high bursts of latency that confuse RAID controllers into dropping the disks offline. As long as you're not using them in a RAID array, you would probably never notice anything different about them.

Actually, I've got a pending offer for 13 of them which would empty out my supply. So the drives are pending for the moment!

Bump. Adding guts from wife's PC (3770 + mobo + RAM) to the list, she's getting a Ryzen build!

Back