:wtf: bizarre mp3 problems

onewheeldoin200

Weaksauce
Well, one day I went to transfer some mp3's to my minidisc player (Sony MZ-N505). I deleted all the songs already on there no problem using RealOne (Sony software licks hairy chode), but when I went to transfer the new ones on the program "generated errors and has to be closed. An error log is being created". Goddammit.

Since, I've tried the following and gotten exactly the same results:
-Tried different programs; I've tried 2 Sony programs (OpenMG and SonicStage) and RealOne. They all crash either when I try to import files into the music library (Sony progs), or when I try to transfer them straight to the MD player (Real)
-Sony Simple Burner transfers straight from a cd to the MD player. That crashed too as soon as I tried to transfer.
-It doesn't matter if the MD player is connected or not, it will still crash when I try to import files (which just means cataloging basically for Sony software)
-I tried uninstalling all traces of anything sony, and then reinstalled drivers + SonicStage
-I ran every kind of scandisk I could find (norton + windows bundled stuff)....no errors
-I tried installing programs on another comp in my house and had the same results (using an mp3 from my own collection to test)

The last point makes me think that it has to be something screwed up with my files themselves, but they play just fine in winamp. I am totally stumped here. Anyone have any ideas?

edit: but the cd transfer didn't work either so basically I don't know :(

edit2:
***nvm it was one of windows 2000's hotfixes. I uninstalled that and it's all good ***

Back